Chapter Three

Amy's POV

I snuggle into his chest. His scent is.... infatuating. I sigh happily and close my mouth immediately terrified. He smiles at me and plays with my fingers. Being able to make noises terrifies me. I like being mute. It makes me.... unique, special. I feel my eyes get heavy. He sighs. My eyes are closed and I'm almost sleeping. "I love you," he says lovingly. "mate." he adds. I drift off dreaming of Shadow.

Shadow's POV

I look at peaceful Rose. Sigh, I wish I could show her. The true me of course. I doubt she'll like me if I show her. I'm a monster, a demon. No one knows except me. Those howling noises last night did not belong to a dog. I'm not stupid. I just played along. They belonged to a werehog, my sworn enemy. It's someone in this family, I know it! I just need to find out who and keep Rose safe from them because if werehog's loose control, things get ugly. Trust me, I should know. I'm the only one in my family, I'm sure of it. A lot of hedgehog's aren't like this. One out of every billion hedgehog is this kind of monster. I know it. I've searched for a cure but nodda, nothing'. I'm destined to be hated and be enemies with werehogs. "Shadow." Rose mutters. Wait, she spoke?! I can't tell her though or else she'll freak out. I've missed her voice. I lean down and kiss her nose. Cute. Adorable. I look at her beautiful sleeping figure. I wonder what she's dreaming about. She starts to get up. Her eyes flutter open before I see her emerald green eyes. Her beautiful, soft, pink lips are begging for me. She looks at me blankly as my eyes flicker to her lips then back at her eyes. She blushes. I can't help it anymore. I crush my lips on hers as our lips move in sync. We kiss passionately. Her lips fit into mine like puzzle pieces. Like they were meant to be together. Like, we are meant to be together. I think I found my mate.

Amy's POV

He pulls back and we gasp for air. My mate. My mate. I like the sound of that. I smile at him. He strokes my face. "Rose." he murmurs lovingly. "Shadow." escapes my lips. It's quiet but there. I don't freak out. I like the way his name rolls off my tongue. "Shadow." I whisper again. "Shady." I shorten. "Shady." I say lovingly. "Shady." I say again but louder. "Shady." I say almost yelling. "Rose." he answers a smirk on his face. I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulls his face closer to mine before our lips meet and move in sync. We break apart for air. "Shady." I whisper. "Rose." he murmurs. Scourge comes downstairs. "I'm offended your first words weren't 'Scourge you're the best bro eva and I love ya to the end bro!' I gotta say, I'm really disappointed." he says in mock hurt. "How'd you hear her?" Shadow asks. My eyes go wide. 'You idiot! You can't say you used your super hearing werehog ears in front of others!' I scold in his head. He smiles sheepishly. "I, um, heard her when she practically yelled it." he fibs not so well. I roll my eyes at him. He smirks. I glare at him. He ruined our moment! "Bye sis. I'm heading out. You two have fun but not too much fun!" he calls over his shoulder. "I can't promise anything!" I yell. I'm getting more comfortable with words. He smirks at me and winks. I giggle as he walks out. Shadow looks at me. He kisses me passionately. I'm taken aback so I fall off with him on top of me as we kiss each other.

Sonic's POV

"Sonic, I know you two were meant to be together!" Mrs. Rose exclaims. I knew it too. I felt it. I love Ames. I do. "I know she's my mate but I don't know if she feels the same. What about Shadow?" I ask nervously. "Trust me, last night she was shooting daggers at him. There's nothing going on between them." she assures me. Amy's parent's are over talking with my family. We're discussing Amy and our future plans together. Werehog and werehog together with cubs. Our cubs. It'd be pretty cool to have Amy with me. I love her and do want to spend the rest of my life with her. I plan on proposing at graduation which is weeks away but first, we need to date. She'll feel an undeniable pull towards me as mates do. I know it. I nod feeling a wave of calmness wash over me. "Can I go over and see her?" I ask. They nod and I jump up and rush off towards her house. I knock on the door. "Ames?" I ask through the door. There's some rustling but someone opens the door. Ames. "Hey Ames." I say lovingly. She smiles. "Hi Sonikku." she replies. I'm shocked. She talked? My jaw dropped and she giggled. "I-I thought..." I trail off. "I'm still getting used to it." she admits sheepishly. I pull her in for a hug. This feels right. Us, together, in each other's arms. She pulls away leaving me a little sad. "Why are you here?" she asks curiously. "I wanted to see you." I admit sheepishly. "Oh." she says shocked. A blush doesn't appear on her cheeks like I expected it to. "Well, cone in." she says and opens the door. "Rose?" a voice calls out. I hold in a growl. Shadow. We've never gotten along. "In here!" she calls back. He appears and his face hardens as he sees me. "What's Sonic doing here?" he asks holding his anger in. "To see Ames." I chirp cockily. He glares at me. "Stop worrying Shady, we're only friends." she assures. "You don't need to prove anything to him. You don't belong to him." I defend. She looks at me and frowns. "He's my boyfriend." she says. I feel my heart shatter. Boyfriend? But she's my mate! Mine! I growl. I look at Shadow. I feel my fur starting to grow. "No Sonic! Don't!" Ames begs but I barely hear her over my anger. My teeth grow into fangs, my claws grow, my quills are darker and longer. I look at Shadow and growl in werehog form. I make a dive for Shadow but something strong knocks me aside. Amy, in werehog form. She growls at me. She lets out a threatening snarl. She stands in front of Shadow protectively. 'He's my mate Sonic! Stay back!' she yells in my head. I snarl. 'No! You're mine!' I roar in her head. She looks at Shadow. "Shadow, do you love me?" she asks her voice wavering. "You're my mate Rose. I feel it." he replies lovingly. I roar angrily. She snaps her head at me and snarls at me. She starts walking up to me and I back away for some reason. Finally I reach the door and she has me trapped. 'Stay away from Shadow or you'll regret it.' she warns. I get out of the house changing back. I run to my house and slam the door open. "We gotta problem."

(A/N) So, any new ideas of what Shadow is now? Let me now in the comments what you think! What monster is Shadow? Answered soon by me!