"Like... that," Korra squinted her eyes suspiciously, "who was it?"

"Wrong number," great, two lies in one day... but this is for Korra, this was the right thing, "not sure how he got mine." At least that part was true.

"Oh, cool," Korra chuckled, "my parents are psyched, so, thanks again for the idea. What brought it on anyways?"

Asami shrugged. "I miss them, I miss being outside, I wanna hang out with you like we used to... y'know, the basics."

"Yeah, same," Korra chuckled, then chewed on her bottom lip nervously, "hey Asami?"

"Hm?"

"About last night..." she trailed off, a  worried look to her eyes.

"Oh," Asami blinked.

"Yeah, oh," Korra laughed nervously, "I just wanted to apologize, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"I wish you would've woken me up," Asami answered honestly, "you should've told me about your nightmares."

"I didn't wanna worry you," Korra answered sheepishly, "obviously it didn't work given our conversation yesterday in the car..."

"What... what do you dream about?" Asami tried to appear as normal as possible, though worry and guilt were eating her up on the inside.

"Uh, well, y'know..." Korra trailed off, chewing nervously on her bottom lip. "A... couple of things."

"Like what?" She asked.

"Well, sometimes I dream about highschool," Korra answered, "that I'm back where we started, where I'm a bitch and you're with your dad..." she paused, taking a deep breath. "Sometimes I dream about my relationship with Lyla, or my relationship with Lyla but in the dream Lyla has your face. And sometimes..." Korra hesitated. "I don't wanna talk about it."

Her phone rang again, and Asami immediately hung up, hoping Korra didn't notice.

"When did they start?" Asami asked softly, sitting Korra down on her bed.

"Only recently," Korra quickly assured, "I guess... after we went to see Hiroshi..."

"I'm sorry," Asami looked down, guilty, "I shouldn't have dragged us over there, I have no idea what came over me."

"It's okay, it just... you scared me," she admitted, "it must've triggered something there."

"Sorry," Asami mumbled again.

"You really don't have to apologize this much you know?" Korra laughed, rubbing Asami's shoulders.

"What do you mean?" Asked Asami, confused.

"Well, you just apologize a lot in general, just letting you know you really don't have to," Korra kissed her temple.

"Sorry," Asami mumbled, "force of habit I guess."

"Ugh, I literally just told you to stop," Korra rolled her eyes playfully, "why don't you ever listen to me?"

She got the sense that Korra was trying really hard to change the subject, and thought Asami would have liked to talk about it more, she respected that. One step at a time, the fact that they already somewhat talked about it was already huge.

Her phone rang, making Korra raise an eyebrow when she once again hung up. Fuck, she had been noticed.

 "I can never focus on the words coming out of your mouth," Asami said, trying to distract Korra from the constant phone calls, "I'm always too busy fantasizing about it," she winked.