Chapter 21

"Drink it!"

I was pretty sure that was Kizzie.

"What?!" Derek exclaimed.

There was a slight muffling that sounded like someone was talking on the phone.

"How could you be so stupid?" Derek shouted.  "Nevermind.  She's not that important."

Cheska and I glanced at each other with wary eyes.  We stood by the back door, facing the dark of the woods, not a shadow to be detected.

"What was that?" Kizzie asked, disturbed by Derek's sudden rage after the phone call.

Derek took a sharp breath.  "They lost Sandy."

"What?!  How did that happen?  They're, what, like, seven of them or something!" Kizzie freaked.

"I don't know.  They said that Dwayne got his balls kicked."

"Unbelievable."

"I know."

They continued to discuss about my whereabouts, the details about how I escaped and whether or not Principal Dunst-slash-Kizzie's mother know anything about this.  I stooped down and risked a peak inside.  Both their back were turned to us as they talked while they fumbled some things on the table, probably the drug they're going to make Danny drink.  A gap stood between them where Danny could see past them.  His eyes widened the moment he saw me but he didn't make a sound neither did he gave us away.

I quietly went back to my standing position and pressed my back against the wall just like Cheska who's standing still beside me.

"What do we do now?" Cheska whispered.

"It's either we run back and tell them or we do this ourselves," I said.

"There's only two of them, right?"

"Yeah."

"And there's two of us."

"Mmm-hmm," I nodded.

"What do you say about throwing ourselves at them and shout really really loud so that the policemen would start moving their asses."

"Risky, but good," I said.  "What do you say about making a run for it while we still can?"

"Not bad also."

I frowned.  "What's taking the police so long?"

"FREEZE!"

Cheska shrugged.  "Speaking of which."

Cheska and I stooped down and peaked.  Kizzie and Derek were both frozen in place, even Danny.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" Derek yelled back just before an officer entered the hut.  "Whoa!"

Kizzie cussed underneath her breath.  We entered the moment I knew that Kizzie and Derek have already been gotten hold of.

"You."  Kizzie said stingily the moment she saw me.

"It wasn't Sandy," Principal Dunst said, suddenly appearing on the front door.  We all turned to her.  "It was me," she said.

"Mom?" Kizzie said, confusion and shock colliding on her face all at the same time.

"Yes, Kizzie.  It was me."

"Why--how could you--" she stuttered shakily as she and Derek were dragged out of the hut.

Cheska and I began to untie Danny from his seat.

"Are you okay?" Danny immediately asked as he caressed my face.

I nodded.  "You?"

He nodded.  "I'm okay."  He paused to make a wide smile.  "You escaped seven guys?"

I giggled.  "Not really."

He shook his head unbelievably.  "You're the bravest girl I've ever met."  He chuckled.  "At least I don't have to think about you all the time."  He paused, his face slowly closing in to mine.  "Only problem is," he said, almost breathless.  "I don't know how to stop thinking about you."

And that night, I could hear nothing, see nothing, feel nothing, except for the bliss that touched my lips.

===================================

Happy New Year, guys!!!

A new story begins in 2013 <3