The One Who Came Back

Start from the beginning

" Yeah? The way I see it you were about to get your ass blown to kingdom come."

"We needed to know why they were doing what they were doing! Y/N, we agreed. You're allowed to operate in Gotham and not be brought in if you do things under my rule!"

" No, you agreed to that. I just said I'm here to clean the filth up in Gotham"

He took a good long stare at me

" Then maybe Gotham no longer require your services"

I was dumbfounded at the statement.

" Are you kicking me out?"

" No. I told you that if you cross the line once more, there'd be consequences." He said before pausing.

" You're being relocated to San Francisco."

I flipped open my mask and since I was wearing my domino mask underneath, I was in the clear to show my face but I was pissed.

"Really Bruce?! The Titans? They're a bunch of teens who don't know how to control their abilities!"

"Then you'll fit right in." He said coldly as he turned around and jumped into the Batmobile.

" And if I refuse?"

" Then I'll turn you in myself."

I scoffed at him as he drove off.

"What does he think I am? Twelve? I don't need to be babysit."

I grumbled as I head to my motorcycle. I rode to the nearest drive thru and got myself a cheese burger. After I was done eating, I head back to Batcave. Bruce was still out patrolling so I didn't have to see his face. I went upstairs where Alfred was waiting by the kitchen with a cup of tea. Typical Alfred.

"S'up Alfred." I said before plopping myself on one of the barstool by the kitchen island.

"Master Todd! What a surprise to see you back so soon."

"Yeah. . ."

"What seems to be on your mind young man?"

" Bruce just told me he's sending me away to work with the Titans. Can I have something stronger than tea?" I said pointing to the cup that was in front of me. Alfred then took out a glass and poured some whiskey for me. I thanked him before taking it.

"The Titans? Why?"

" I did some stuff he didn't like. He told me I'm going away. So nothing new."

" Except this time you ARE going away." He stated to which I just nod my head as I fiddled with the glass in my hand.

" I believe Master Bruce has his good intentions behind every decision he makes. Look at it as an opportunity to prove to him that you are worthy of carrying that symbol without him needing to look out for you."

I lightly scoffed at what he said before drinking the last of my drink.

"I'm going to bed, Alfred. Goodnight."

" Good night Master Todd."

I tossed and turned all night before eventually drifting off to sleep.

/ Flashback /

"Let's try and clear this up okay pumpkin? What hurts more?"

"A?"

*crack*

"Or B?"

*crack*

"Forehand"

*smack*

" Or back hand?"

*smack*

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHH~"

I jolted up from my sleep, sweating as my heart was racing. My breathing was fast. I had these nightmares every once in awhile but not often do I get up from it. I calmed myself down before laying back down to continue my sleep.

The next day

I began to pack my bag as Alfred came in to inform me breakfast was served. I was still pissed at Bruce for sending me to work with the Titans. He knows full well I don't play nice with others besides the Bat-family.

"I'm not hungry Alfred. Thanks." I replied as I stuffed my clothes in my bag to which I was left alone. Soon enough Bruce came at the door. I knew it was coming. He stood there, watching me as I was almost done packing. I didn't have much to be fair. Dick then appeared next to him.

"I hope you know that I only want the best for you by doing this." Bruce cracked up the silence.

"Maybe. Or maybe it's for your best." I said in defiance, zipping up my bag and headed downstairs. Bruce just shook his head in disbelief

[ Bruce ]

I watched as Y/N walked down before turning to face Dick. He and I both had the same look on our faces. We both know Y/N is a good kid at heart but he's impulsive, reckless—a loose cannon. Something that could jeopardize the mission.

" Look after him Dick."

" You know I will Bruce. Come on."

[ Y/N ]

I waited by my motorcycle for Dick. Soon enough he showed up.

" Hitching a ride?"

"Not me, my regular clothes." I said as I placed my bag with my usual clothes into the trunk of his car. I kept my gears in a carry-on at all times just to be prepared. And with that we headed off to San Francisco.

" So... How'd you screw up this time?"

" Not.The.Time, Dick. Focus on the road."

" Come on Y/N I wanna know!"

" I blew up two thugs to save his life."

" Well that's new."

We had small talks every now and then as we made our way to Titans Tower. I sighed heavily as I stood outside the building. We took the elevator up.

"You'll fit in, don't worry." Dick said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not planning to. I respect what you've done and accomplish here but in all honesty, I'd say I work better alone."

"We'll see about that." Dick said smirking which made me curious as to why he was so looking forward to me joining the Titans.

"You know. . . We never did have a chance to work together as a team." Dick stated.

"Well for one, you were away whilst I was still dressed in red and green tights and two, I think me and Bruce gotten things done way faster despite our difference in opinion." I said, slightly joking in that last part. He let out a small chuckle upon hearing it.
Despite our very distinctive personalities, I've always had respect for Dick as he for me, not to mention when I was younger, he was pretty much a role model.

"Smart-ass."

I just scoffed as the door slid open and I held my breath.