Tartaglia『 Fireworks 』

Zacznij od początku

He still hasn't moved on.

His action led for you to snapped out when he handed you the plushie for you to hold, eyes not leaving her figure when she ran away after seeing the two of you together.

"[Y/N], I'll be back."

Unconsciously, you grabbed a hold of his arm before he could run away and flinched when he snapped his head to look at you with a glare as it quickly fades away when he sees the jittery in your hues as desperation could be seen in his.

"Ajax?"

You swore you saw the guilty that flashed across his face when he turned his head to look at the direction she ran off before turning to look at you once again, as if debating about something that related about you but it seems like—

"Please . . . "It came out in a whisper from your lips. The word sunk down into your chest at the pitiful shake of his head,

". . . I'm sorry, [Y/N]."

He chose her over you.

Your eyes widened when he brushed your hand off with his. For a moment, he froze in his tracks. But he eventually ran off after her throughout the crowd, thus, disappeared from your eyesight into the darkness of night.

Despite the bustling crowd from behind, a lonely feeling immediately engulfed you with your hand dropped in a lifeless manner to your side.

Seriously.

Tilting your head up at the dark horizon, you chuckled dryly while smiling at your pathetic self to even thought that you finally become the main character when your childhood crush finally likes you back like a shoujo manga that you sometimes read in your free time.

To have it turned into this event.

You didn't like the pitying gaze that was sent from the audience if a little drama in the middle of a festival, and yet, they went back to what they were doing in seconds.

Hugging the soft plushie close to your chest, for it to be at least your comfort. You forced your legs to walk, wherever it will bring you and yet they halted on the bridge when a rather deep voice called out for your name,

"[Y/N]?"

Looking away for a moment, you returned your head to look at the male properly with a forced smile as he walked closer, praying to yourself that he couldn't see how messy you are.

"A-Ah, Zhongli. Fancy meeting you here but I was about to head back home so—"

"The fireworks will start soon and coincidentally, this is the best place to watch it. Nevertheless, people didn't really pay any attention to this place. Don't you think it would be a waste after you dressed up like this?"

He spoke when you remained silent.

"But if you insisted on going home, it can't be helped."

You slowly lifted up your face to look at him,

"I—"

A loud sound of explosion erupted which had you startled, stopping you from continuing your sentence when colorful sparks caught your attention.

On fireworks night, those rockets spread dreams into the black as if it were all canvas awaiting ink of brilliant light to paint it, watching how it blooms in the dark horizon.

The creative thought went across your mind to which you couldn't help but smile at the metaphor.

It was beautiful that you couldn't even look away.

On other hand, the dark color haired male couldn't tear his eyes off from your face that would lighten up upon seeing another colorful spark. Though, he handed you a tissue pocket; that he got for free— and you slowly took it.

You look down at the item in your grasp for a while when your vision is getting blurry with tears.

Once that first tear broke free and strolled down to your cheek, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. You make no effort to stop it, even if it would leave a tear-stained mark on your cheeks, you wouldn't have to endure the suffocating of each breath you took holding onto your pride like you always do.

You always hide your tears whenever you are with Ajax because you knew he didn't love you and having him by your side was more than enough.

You couldn't hide your hiccups but when you felt his fingers ran through your hair, time and time again, as if in an attempt to calm the silent war within your mind when he brought you closer to your chest, you couldn't feel more safer.

"Let's send you back home before it's getting late, okay?"He offered his hand after pulling away and you softly smiled as the last tear of yours rolled down as you took it,

"Thank you."

───────────────

Ajax walked back with a wide goofy smile on his face that doesn't seem like it will be gone soon. The two of them kissed right when the fireworks erupted and the timing couldn't be nicer- no, perfect.

He stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes widened when an image of your smile flashed through his mind.

"Oh shoot— [Y/N]!"

He totally forgot about you.

Though when he arrived at the location, all stalls are now closing and he could count how many people remained but he didn't spot any glimpse of you.

Sighing to himself, he assumed you already head back. He knew you wouldn't wait for him due to how late he is and after he left you alone.

Sighing once again, he spun his heels.

He will apologize to you tomorrow.

───────────────

His banner has returned and I lost 50/50 on Venti's banner.

This is the only time for that Harbinger to atone his sin for not coming back home earlier.

[ Not that I have lots of angsty stuff of him in my notes ]