Epilogue

It had been four years since Moriarty had lost his best agent. That was when everything had begun to fall apart. Sherlock had started to beat Moriarty at his own game. Sebastian had known this would happen if he let Alex go. She would see the error of her ways and help Sherlock solve cases. Everything had seemed hopeless until Sherrinford had come along. He was the brother of Sherlock and was able to feed information about him to Moriarty. He had become Moriarty's left hand while Sebastian had remained the right. After Moriarty had died, though, Sherrinford had challenged Sebastian for the rank of leader. They had fought and Sherrinford had won. Sebastian was still in the rank of second command. Sherrinford called him in one day.

"Yes?" Sebastian said.

"It appears one of our old agents has resurfaced." Sherrinford said.

"Who?" Sebastian asked, feeling a little hopeful. It was useless, though. He had been trying to make contact with Alex over the last few years, but she had disappeared.

"Alexandra Watson." Sherrinford said. "But she doesn't have that name anymore . She's married."

"To who?" Sherrinford asked.

"My wretched brother." Sherrinford snarled. "And, apparently, she's pregnant."

"What?" Sebastian breathed.

"Yes." Sherrinford said. "Don't worry. I have a plam to eliminate them. We have people standing outside their flat, who switch ever fifteen minutes or so, so the two don't suspect anything. If they leave, we have someone follow them so that when she goes into labor, so we can attack. She'll be the most weak then and Sherlock will be focused on her so we can kill them."

"And if that fails?" Sebastian said.

"I have a series of other plans just in case that doesn't work out, but I think it will." Sherrinford nodded.

"Okay." Sebastian said.

I have to warn Alex. He thought.

Once Sebastian's shift was over, he had one of the secrataries who he was particularly close with find out where Alex would be within the next few days. He found out she would be on a case in the park.

The next day, Sebastian went to the park. He stayed hidden from sight until he saw her. Alex looked...a little older. She was with Sherlock, no surprise there. He had his hand on her back and was looking at her fondly. Sebastian watched him talk to other people and his body language changed. He seemed more serious and buisness-like, but when he was talking to Alex, he looked protective and loving. Alex suddenly sighed tiredly. Sherlock's facial expression changed to one of worry.

"Alex, dear, are you all right?" He asked. Alex gave him a loving smile.

"Of course I am." She said. "After all, women were having children long before our time."

Alex kissed Sherlock on the cheek. Sherlock smirked with pride. He nuzzled Alex, who laughed. Sebastian tilted his head. Sociopaths usually didn't act like this. It was strange. Alex really was something else. Sebastian watched Alex with Sherlock for a little longer. He was trying to form a plan to get her over to him. He could throw a rock at her, but he didn't want to hurt her. Sherlock kissed his wife.

"Go over there and sit down. I don't want you to get too tired." He said when they broke apart. "I'll talk to Lestrade."

"Sherlock, I'm pregnant, not dying." Alex said.

"Just go sit down." Sherlock said. Alex gave him a look. "Please, dear? For me?"

"Fine." Alex said. She sighed. "You can be really irritating, you know?"