💐 intro 💐

TW? maybe
==========
summer fucking depression. worst time of year for me at least. On the other hand, my mom. she says "gEt YouRe SuMmEr On!" Like it's exciting or something. We just moved to California after my father died. It's been 5 months since he passed, heart complications and other medical problems.

I'm an only child so my mom focuses most of her time on ME. which I'm not sure why, probably because shes literally my mother. anyways.

[monday morning]
"Come on. get up, let's go to that pool down the street!" My mom said jolting me awake. "noooo" My Mother grabbed the water from my bedside table AND POURED IT ON ME. "take that" she marched out of the room. 'that little bitch' I laughed and walked to my bathroom. oh wait it's me in the mirror, Ew.

My self confidence isn't the best in the summer mainly because I'm a growing 16 year old girl?! bodies are weird, especially mine.

I took a shower, did my skincare, you know the basic summer morning stuff. But....my outfit? Everyday im wearing the same thing, over and over and over. and even my mom is sick of it. whatever. Fuck it. Fuck what people think. I'm gonna dress as slutty as I want.

With that said, this is what I wore to the pool not knowing or expecting how California people would react to this?!?

not slutty, huh. Good. Don't worry I just wore shorts and a tee shirt over it. "you ready?" I nodded and we walked down the street. "why do we have to go again?" I groaned."Because Dani, you need to make friends." she explained. "But I liked my friends back in Connecticut!" I slightly raised my voice. "make some friends and you'll be just fine" I slumped down on the side of the pool gate.

"sad?" a voice said from above. "Huh? yeah a little" I got up and dusted myself off. "I'm Oliva. You can call me Liv, nice to meet you." she stuck her hand out to greet me. "oh yeah hey!" we shook hands and walked into the pool. "hey, I just have to go ask my mom something. do you mind getting us two lounge chairs?" I said. "yeah sure!" she said walking in the opposite direction. "oh my god! you made a friend" my mother said. "whaattt?!" I said sarcastically. "I'm gonna go hang out with her" I said walking away. she nodded. I sat down in the lounge chair that Liv reserved.

At least an hour passes and I'm on my phone see all of my friends having the time of their life in Connecticut. I threw my head back and sighed. "what's the matter." Liv sat up. "It's just my friends back in Connecticut. they are having the time of their lives and of course my mom made me leave." I ranted. "listen, we can be friends. here's my number" she said handing me a piece of paper. "so you just carry around a piece of paper with you're number on it?" I laughed. "I have a lot more" she took out what looked like 20 more of them. she laughed.

A/N: hey baddies 🤪 so this is my first chapterrrr. I hope y'all enjoy:)