Chapter 16

I've heard all the stories. The stories of how rude and ruthless Pan is. I don't see it. How could someone so nice be so cold. I've been here for a month and he's just been a great friend. I've become so close with the boys too. They're all so funny and clever. Andy and I love to play pratical jokes on each other.

"Haley come on!" One of the lost boys calls out to me. We run through the forest trying not to be seen by our rivals.We were playing capture the flag.

"You go this way I'll go that way and we'll meet back her in 10 mins." Simon says. I nod and run in the opposite direction. I keep running until I run out of breath. I see Andy through the trees.

"I have a plan." He smirks. I walk over to him as he eplains the plan.

"That's really good. I think we're going to win." I smile.

"Is someone here?" A booming voice echos.

We duck under the bushes as we try to contain our giggles. I quietly peek to see if Pan's gone. He's still there looking around. I hear foot prints leaving the area. I look up and he's gone.

"Coast is clear!" I whisper, "let's go back to home base." We run back to tell the rest of our team mates the plan. We all nod in agreement as we set it up.

"Haley go grab some sticks." Andy says.

I make my way down a tiny path and gather as many sticks as I can. Then make my way back to the site.

"Great Haley! Thats it we just need to put it all togehter." Andy smiles and pats me on the back.

"I can't wait to see how this plays out." Simon giggles.

"Who's gonna fall for a fake flag?" Leo asks.

"Well when they try to grab it I'll untie a rope and a cage will fall on them. It has to work!." Andy exclaims.

Someone runs from Pans team and sees the fake flag. They reach for it as Simon calls out to Andy, "Untie it now!"

Andy races into action as the tiny cage falls on top of the victim. Simon goes up and tags him, "I believe you are out."

I decide to stray for a while and just go down the quiet path I was collecting sticks from earlier. Its so nice hear. I think I would've remembered it. The scenery is breathaking and absolutly wonderful.

"Haley." A voice disturbs my thoughts, "Your team was quite clever with that stunt you pulled."

"Yeah I guess so." I said.

"But I don't think you're clever enough to out run me." Pan said smirking.

"Oh yeah? Let's go!."

"Let's play."

I run as fast as I could go. There was no time to look back it was just me and the breeze in my hair. Suddenly the footsteps stop. I turn around and he's not there. Did I out run The Peter Pan? I take a breath as I walk back to where I originally was. Along the way I accidentally bump into too Peter.

"Thought you could out run me huh, love?" Pan smiles.

"How?" I ask.

"Magic."

"You never said anything about magic. That's cheating."

"Well you never said no magic." he winks,"the games over anyway. Let's head back to camp."

"Let's not walk."

Pan takes me off my feet and all of a sudden we're above the ground and Neverland becomes a green blob. My face lights up. Its so beautiful up here. Pan looks at me and smiles. We fly back to the camp sight. Once we reach ground he slowly puts me down.

"Thanks that was really fun. I'd like to do that another time." I blush.

"Same." he said.

He leaves me alone as all the lost boys party and talk. Felix and Peter are in the corner have a supicious and serious conversation. I try to get closer to hear what they're saying and end up ducking behind a bush like the movies.

"Haley can't know what I used to be like. She also can't know that I accidentally killed her. There are just so many things she can't know. I want to start over with her. " Pan said.

Felix nods and makes so remark. They laugh and then go back to the lost boys. I get up and go to my treehouse to rethink what Pan said. What does he mean? He wants to start over with me? How bad was he? Well now knowing that he accidentally killed me he must have been pretty mean. I just don't understand how someone who looks like an angel could actually be a monster. It just doesn't make sense.