𝟙𝟘 - 𝔸𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕖

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm s-s-so sorry." Ophelia spoke through gasps of air whilst clinging on to the lady.

"Don't you apologise." Minnie looked over to her colleague and mouthed "sleeping draught". Madam Pomfrey nodded and rummaged through her pockets and pulled out a purple vial. "Ophelia dear, please drink this, I will stay with you." Minnie pulled away from the hug and looked Ophelia deep in the eyes, "I promise." That was all Ophelia needed to hear so she drunk the potion before leaning back in for a hug, thirty seconds later Ophelia was fast asleep. "Thank you Poppy."

"Just doing my job Minerva. She will be ok." Poppy looked at Minnie with a warm smile, the love this lady had for the girl was beyond anything she had ever seen from her.

"I know she will, she just needs to know that herself. Thank you for helping her Hagrid."

"Notta problem Minerva. Onestly didn't do much meself, Fang was the one to calm 'er".

"She does have a huge love towards creatures." Minnie looked down and smiled at the girl who finally looked at peace in her sleep. "Hagrid would you mind carrying her to my chambers for me, most students are in lessons so we should go unnoticed."

"Course I can." The man walked over to the pair and reached down to pick Ophelia up. "Come on Fang, you come with us." Hagrid began to walk up the hill leaving the two women walking at slower pace behind.

"I fear I failed her already Poppy. I didn't notice she was struggling again until recently." Minnie confided.

"Clearly she is very skilled at hiding it, you did nothing wrong. Your love for her is clear and that shines back from the trust she has in you too. This was just a momentary blip."

"She's like the daughter I was never able to have." Poppy smiled, that was enough of a response as she could sense this wasn't an easy conversation.

"I must be off now Minerva, but I will come visit you both later." She grasped onto the lady's hand and gave it a quick squeeze before they both parted ways. As much as today had been a hard one, there was a positive to be found in it all. Minnie had realised how much this girl meant to her and although Ophelia had broke down it proved she was willing to start accepting more help. October was definitely the month of change, a change for the better.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Apple Crumble. Her favourite thing in the world. That was the first thing Ophelia smelt when she began to wake up. Opening her eyes that demanded to stay shut, she spotted the apple crumble on the coffee table near her.

"I thought that might wake you, how are you feeling dear?" Ophelia looked to her right and sat at a mahogany desk was Minnie.

"Tired. Really tired." Ophelia's belly growled. "Hungry supposedly too."

Minnie stood and walked over, grabbing the apple crumble at the same time. "Please try and eat something." She asked Ophelia, placing the bowl on the arm of the sofa. Ophelia couldn't shake the nauseous feeling she had but she couldn't deny she was hungry either. So slowly she ate the apple crumble, by the time she had finished it was stone cold but she felt better.