"—I guess, things are mildly up to snuff."

"OH! That's great! Ow...At least you're conscious now. We can start making a deal here. Ow." Marty groans painfully and shuffles at a stiff pace.

Greg silently groans at the interruption and hoped that his friend wouldn't get in the way of making a peace offering to you.

"Listen up, Retro-Chick. My partner and I have come so far into our music business, so once we get to the top. WE can help you with some sort of small payment for the trouble...." Marty then mumbles to the side, "...that YOU mainly caused...." With a hand out, he gives a bright flash smile. "What do you think, Retro-Chick. Deal?"

Honestly, you had no idea what the man had said and his words went in one ear then out the other. The thought that bothered you was the nickname he kept calling you.

Marty raised a brow and clicked his tongue, "Hello? Earth to Retro-Chick."

Greg still felt worried about the way you kept spacing out and he was about to reach out, only for Marty to pull him a few feet away with his arm around Greg's shoulders.

"Greg. We should just leave and ditch her. Clearly, she doesn't remember the whole ordeal that happened hours ago. This will make things easier for us."

"What?!" Greg shouted, but not too loud. "Marty, you can't be THAT heartless. What if she has a family looking for her? Clearly, she still isn't feeling too well to be on her own. I'm not leaving this young woman alone, especially in an unfamiliar area."

As the two males argued back and forth once again, it didn't seem to bother the peaceful night of the beach and it all went unnoticed by any passing people. Although, you were listening every now and then while you took in the sights from your spot. The smell of salty yet cool air of the ocean and welcoming sand that snuggles under your bare feet. Your gaze moves up to the starry skies with the quarter full moon. Slowly, the view of the lighthouse on top of the hill came to view.

"Beach City."

Something itches slightly on your head and you reach up to meet bandages. "What the hell?" You take it off and shake a little in fear, expecting to feel a gash or something. Only for your fingertips to run over a scar that was still tender. "Ow...."

Bright lights.

Screeching tires.

You stood there in complete shock. "I got hit by a van.... they hit me with their van!"

Marty scoffed and crossed his arms, "Fine. I'll go along with your little charity charade, but she ain't getting ANY cut of anything we make. Maybe get in some work."

Greg felt offended by his friend's words, "Charity charade? Marty, I am a selflessness guy! If that were me, then I would want someone to help me get to my feet." He brushed off the air, "You don't have to get involved if you don't want to, Marty. I will help her on my own accord."

It had gotten quiet which brought the two young men to turn in your direction, but they screamed when they noticed how close you were to them.

Two loud slaps came from the sides of their face and they held their face as the hot sting spread across their cheek.

"HEY! What the hell is your problem, Retro Chick?!?!"

Your glare at him and hold your hand from your weak hits. "Hay is for horses." You roll your eyes and feel a little bad for slapping Greg, but it was his van that hit you. "AND my problem is that you guys hit me with your van!!! At least the slap isn't as horrible as me with this gash on my head!"