We Know Who You Are

Začít od začátku

"NUUUU!" I screech, racing over to try to stop Blue from pushing my mother over the edge.

Lapis marches over to me, pulling me back. "We have to do this. Your mum killed lots of our parents, it's dangerous to keep her."

"Lapis LET GO of me you STUPID person you don't understand! She didn't have a choice she had to-"

"Lapis, let go" another child mumbles through her tears. It's Peach... oh, yeah... she lost her father this way. She understands.

Emerald and Rose come over too, pulling me out of Lapis's grip.

"Lapis, you're great most of the time" Emerald says, "but you don't understand this. Not like Peach does, not even how Rose and I do."

Lapis seems confused, and protests a little before finally sulking back over to the rest of the group of children.

But it wasn't enough. Blue heartlessly throws my mother over the edge of the balcony.
Rose, Emerald and Peach all hug me tight, and a very distressed Lime comes over to join us.

"So" Blue declares as calmly as if she hadn't just killed another person. "What about the child?"

"I'll take care of her!" Lime quickly pipes up, but Blue shakes her head.

"No, I mean she's probably dangerous too. She can't stay here"

Wait... what? They're going to throw me off too?

Before anyone else can say another word, I wriggle free of Peach, Emerald and Rose, making a beeline for the nearest vent, one on the balcony. I hop straight in and crawl through as fast as I can without looking back once.

"Scarlet, wait!" I hear Lime yell, I feel guilty as I ignore his plea and continue crawling.

Once I think I'm a safe distance away, I lie down on my back and sob loudly.
So this was how all the other children felt, the ones whose parents the imposters had killed? My mother had caused this pain? My mother and...

And now they want to kill me, too.
I swear I never did anything. But in a way they're right. I'm a danger, aren't I?

Lime's PoV:

Why would they do that? Now Scarlet is hiding because of them. Okay, I may as well go find Teal and what's left of her mother, then I can see how Indigo and Lemon are going, and after I'll find Scarlet.

They were at the launchpad, Teal curled up by her mother's side sobbing.
"Teal... come here" I offer, bending down to her height.

"N-No I want my mummy..." she whispered

"I'm sorry, Teal, it shouldn't have happened like this... but the killer is gone, so we're safe now."

"I watched it happen" she told me through her tears, "I... saw... Red did it right in... in front of me... she didn't even care..."

Oh no...

"My mummy trusted her though. Like I trusted Scarlet, so I thought her mother was safe too"