user16 you're so pretty!
liked by astridstorm

user17 my parents had one job

user18 i'd give up my left kidney for you
user19 why not the right?

irl!

astrid got into her car and plugged her phone into the aux. her first destination of the day would be a mel's diner for breakfast. they weren't open for another thirty minutes so she decided to go to the post office and drop off a package she had for harlow.

after breakfast at the diner, she sat in her car thinking about what she had to do today. first thing being grocery shopping, then cleaning the rest of her house, and maybe buying some new plants.

maybe she was doing this because she had to, or maybe she just wanted a distraction. she was lost in thought, so many thoughts. it happened pretty often.

when it happened on the road, she was fine. it was like her mind knew what it was doing while driving, but it was also lost in thought. it scared her at first, but she got used to it.

her surroundings were unfamiliar when she got back to reality. with a puzzled look on her face, she started to slow down and take the next left turn. once looking down the street, it all came back to her.

why am i here? how did i get here?

she hesitated on what to do for a while, ultimately deciding on going through with whatever her mind had planned for her when it brought her here. after parking in front of the house, she lowered the music. all she could do was stare at the familiar house.

do they even still live here?

her mind subconsciously led her out the car and to the front door. she lightly knocked on the door, rocking back and forth on her feet as she waited for someone to answer. seconds later she was met with her.

clay's mom.

"oh, hi! did you need something?" she stared at astrid, confusion taking over her face. what would she say now? what was she supposed to say now? she looked down at the floor for a second before averting her gaze back to the woman in front of her.

with a low voice she spoke, "well no, not really, no. it's actually just me, astrid. me and clay used to be close a few years ago."

his mom's face instantly perked, "oh my well hi astrid! it's been so long. what, maybe... four years?"

astrid smile, a small laugh escaping her lips. "um yeah that sounds about right."

"well come on in," his mom stepping aside for her to enter, "what brings you here?"

once inside, she took her to the living room and motioned for her to have a seat on the couch. "would you like anything?"

"a water would be fine, thank you. i'm not exactly sure why. i kind of just wandered into the neighbourhood and thought i'd check if you guys still lived here." she took a sip of her water.

his mom taking a seat on the couch across from her. "oh how nice of you. clay actually moved out a few months ago, but the rest of us are still here. what brings you to florida, i thought you moved away?"

astrid let out a small laugh, "yeah, yeah i did. oregon was nice in its own way, but i've always loved florida. i go to school here now."

"really? what are you studying and where do you stay?"

"i'm studying psychology and i live about ten minutes away from here in my house."

"aw you've got your house, how nice! how's school been?"

"it's been good. a lot of work sometimes, but i manage."

the next hour or so was spent catching up. clay's mom telling astrid about her work and astrid talking about her time in oregon. it was nice, she was really enjoying it.

remembering about her other tasks for the day, she checked the time. "i'm sorry but i've gotta run some errands today. it was nice talking to you, thank you for inviting me in."

"no worries, and anytime. it's always been a pleasure having you here." they were now both standing on the front steps of the house.

"one quick thing before i go. um, could i get clay's number?" she was kind of embarrassed to ask, but she shook it off.

"yes, yes! of course. lemme write it down for you." she walked back into the house, emerging a few seconds later with a paper in her. she handed it to astrid, waving her off.

"thank you again!" she walked back to her car, playing music once inside.

author's note
it's 3 am so this isnt proof read, but i'll do it later.
edit: it's now proofread B)