15

Jimin's POV

"What should we do, friend?" I asked, watching Rosé who was munching onto the potato chips I bought yesterday. She shrugged. "I don't know, what should we do friend?" She asked me back, facing me.

"That's what I'm asking-" I responded. "And that's my answer which is me questioning back. What should we do friend?"

"I don't know, friend."

"I don't know, nan molla, friend." 

She said as she munched onto the chip as I slumped in my seat. My head turned to look outside before an idea popped into my mind. "How about netflix?" I asked as she nodded. "Okay!" I narrowed my eyes towards towards her. "Better not finish those chips!" Rosé chirped and tilted the bag of chips towards me. I viewed it, only to see bits of it left.

"Rosé!" I whined as she laughed, choking a little since she laughed while chewing. "Sorry not sorry, mate." 

She winked playfully at me as she got up and walked away to throw the empty plastic away. "You're ordering food!" I exclaimed as she chuckled. "Alright, don't be a mad person now okay and I was about to do it anyways." I frowned playfully. "You better."

-
next day
-

Rosé's POV

"Hey Anne--- I mean, Rosé," Jimin called as I turned, raising a brow as I smiled. "Yeah?"

"Just curious but don't you have school?" He asked as my heart pace increased. Shit.

Trying to cover it up, I smiled and shook my head. "Nope. As a top student, I don't really have to go to school much."

Lies.

His brows raised. "Really?" I nodded.

Lies.

"Why though?" He asked as my mind started to make up a stupid story to convince him. "The teachers are tired of teaching me who knows everything in the learning syllables so they told me I don't really have to come to school."

Lies.

Jimin nodded. "I see... Never knew top students are an exception but well, I have to go now. Bye Rosé!" He exclaimed, waving to me as I looked at him, confused. "Wait, where are you going?" Jimin peeked from the wall. "Part time job." My mouth formed a 'o' shape as I nodded understandingly and waved back. "See you later, I guess."

With that said, the door closed as I let out a sigh of relief at convincing him. I leaned my back against the couch as I stared at the ceiling with the fan spinning.

Lies. Both of us know I was lying the whole time.

I know how my parents are going to be at the school, waiting for me to be there to fake smile at others before their persona change and they start to pull my hair and lock me up in the damn basement when we reach the car and the homely feel of our 'household'. We both know how they have trackers on everything. At least I was smart enough to remove the tracker on my phone. It's better for me to keep my background profile low... at least for now... So smile, as if you know nothing about your family and not spill anything to him.

Author's POV

As Jimin walked on the pavement towards the bus stop, his mind was clouded with Rosé's reply. "Top student, beautiful and from a well-off family, god must really be having favourites." He mumbled, shaking his head as he boarded the bus that arrived as soon as he finished his sentence.

But what he didn't know was how her life was messed up despite having everything. Trust me, even if she gets real gold, it will still be plastic in her eyes.

sorry for the lack of update!
too much after school programs
and homework to handle so yeah :(

also, i need to start writing chapters
with more than 600 words so that the
whole story won't have like 50+ chapters
when it ends.