Strawberries & Cigarettes

Start from the beginning

"Good morning." He smiles shyly and replaces his glasses. His hands hold a book which happened to be the one we use in biology. An empty bowl of cereal lies next to it. "Hi." I say and avert my eyes from him. What was I here for? Right, a snack. I gaze over to the fridge which I open to reavel the groceries inside of it to my eyes. There's not much time left for me so I believe making myself a sandwich would probably take up too much. Nibbling on my lip I take a few things in my hand like an apple or cereal bars but end up placing them back inside again.

Then I see a bowl of strawberries and take it out. Healthy and tasty seems to be a good snack. I push the fridge door shut again and open a drawer on the lowest leven of the counters with my foot to get myself a lunchbox. That I fill with the strawberries and let is disappear inside my bag. The now empty bowl I put in the dishwasher. I take a tiny look to the side and spot Lucas having his eyes on me. He tries to hide it though by quickly looking back in his book. God he really needs to stop Emily isn't even here.

I only shake my head when I leave the kitchen, hearing a quiet bye from the boy inside. After taking the stairs to the second floor I walk down a long hallway that leads to Mr. Depps office. Everything is dead silent. I run a little faster until I knock the door after having a quick look down to my watch. I'm right on time. Maybe even a little too early.

I look up again when the door opens and my teachers steps inside the doorframe. He wears a rubin red shirt that is very very tight around his torso with black jeans. I admit it okay he is hot no denies. "Morning." He nods and steps aside for me to walk in. I grin a little under his gaze but hide it by keeping my head low and entering his office. I keep my legs moving until I sit down on my usual chair. "How was your week?" Mr. Depp casually asks while closing the door again and walking over to his own chair. "Alright I guess," I shrug, "could've gone better though.".

I should have just shut my mouth because the next thing he did was asking me why. "Don't want to talk about it." I murmur and take out my pencil case, "how many do I have for today?". My teacher seems a little disappeared into thoughts before he passes me a few papers. "Not much. There's one to repeat from last week and the others are equal tasks from this week's lessons." He says and rests his underarms on the desk. I take a quick look at the papers he's given me and nod my head slightly.

"Talking helps." Mr. Depp quietly adds. "Yeah I got friends for that." I sarcastically smile. He smiles back. But like genuine. I shrug it off and cross my legs when I take out a pencil to start with the papers.

And it only takes two hours for me to crave the snack I was thinking of the whole time. I put my pencil aside when I finish another task on the second paper and fiddle for the lunchbox in my bag. After opening it I put the box in front of me and take out a strawberry. "Need a break?" Mr. Depp asks and looks up from the book in his hands. He seems to be reading a lot because every week it is another book he inhales during the day. As I'm chewing the fruit I only shake my head no.

"No no go for it. I'm surprised by how determined you always are to finish the papers. You have time you know." He says and lays down the book. He stretches by raising his hands as high as he can before sighing comfortably, "may i have one?". Unwillingly I nod my head yes and push the lunchbox a little nearer to him. "I'm so determined on the papers because I want to leave as soon as possible." I answer even though it wasn't really a question of him. I sometimes ask myself if he really thinks this whole situation I am stuck in for five more weeks is fun to me. Because he sometimes makes it come off as if we were just hanging out.

"Well, every motivation is a motivation." Mr. Depp frowns and reaches out for another strawberry. I watch how his lips close around the red fruit to bite it and the tiniest bit of juice spreading over his lips to make them glistening. I can hear the little crack it does too. "You don't like me very much, do you?". What question is that supposed to be? Of course I'm not a fan of the dude who has me doing homework for a whole Sunday for two whole months. But that might just be too disrespectful to say so I go "when did I say that?".