thirteen.

SELCOUTH | 7.1
"THE NAME'S AGATHA HARKNESS"
Westview, New Jersey | Present Day

"WHAT AM I DOING HERE?" Athena asks as she looks into the camera that was pointed into her face and the bright lights that were nearly blinding her

"This is your confessional," Agnes says from her director chair, "Wanda is having everyone doing them."

"Right," Athena says as she looks at the camera, "And what exactly am I supposed to be confessing?"

"That is up to you," Agnes states, "I could give you a prompt to work with? Like is it true that Billy is your favorite twin?"

"No!" Athena says, though she found no point in lying, it wasn't as though the boys would ever see this and no matter how much parents deny it, it was scientifically proven that they always had a kid that they felt closer to, which meant that they favored them.

"Okay Billy is my favorite, but it's only because he's so sensitive and self-aware. And if you're a parent and you say that you don't have a favorite child, you're a liar. Everyone favors one kid over the other it's human nature to do so."

She looks at Agnes, "Is that good enough?"

"Sure," Agnes tells her, "I'm just doing what Wanda ordered."

Athena nods her head, eyeing Agnes suspiciously, "Yeah, okay."

She stands from the chair in the living room of her house, "I'm just gonna go check up on Wanda."

"She's not doing too well, hon. Perhaps you can cheer her up," Agnes says with a smile that leaves Athena feeling unsettled.

She moves past the camera and crews and goes to Wanda's house. When she opens the front door, the boys are sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey guys," Athena greets.

"Hey," the boys tell her.

"Where's your mom?" she asks, and they both point to the kitchen. She smiles thankfully at them before pushing the door open and heading inside. She pauses as she enters the kitchen, finding Wanda staring at a carton of milk.

She walks over to Wanda and leans close to the milk carton. She jumps away when the carton of milk glitches into a glass container of milk.

"I have no idea what's going on," Wanda says as she continues to stare at the milk.

"Maybe you overexerted yourself?" Athena suggests, "I mean it makes sense."

"I've never overexerted myself before," Wanda states and there was definitely room for Athena to make a dirty joke there, but she felt that it wasn't the time or place. She also felt that Wanda wasn't really in the mood to laugh.

"There's a first time for everything," Athena states.

"I guess," Wanda says as she grabs her bowl of cereal and sniffs it. She shrugs and holds it out to Athena, just under her nose, "Does this smell dangerous to you?"