nine.

SELCOUTH | 5.1
"THAT ISN'T NORA IN THERE"
Westview, New Jersey | Present Day

1"THAT ISN'T NORA IN THERE"Westview, New Jersey | Present Day

MONICA AND DARCY STARE AT THE TV SCREEN. Monica's mouth was slightly ajar, her eyes wide with surprise. Darcy, though surprised, was not as surprised as Monica was. She'd talked to Athena, learned a boy of the backstory between Wanda and Athena. Monica, however, had missed out on all of that.

"Am I missing something?" Monica asks, "I've done my research on the Avengers and nothing ever came up about Wanda and Athena being in a relationship."

"I hate to tell you this, but your research is faulty," Darcy states, "Athena and Wanda were close."

Monica looks over at the scientist, brows knitting together, "How close?"

"Close enough that Athena would do something as stupid as entering Westview to save Wanda," Darcy says as she looks over at Monica, gauging her reaction to Wanda and Athena's relationship.

"They were in love," Monica states.

"They still are in love," Darcy corrects, "I mean why else would Wanda include Athena in all of this? Because she's too afraid to address her real feelings. Why would Athena go through a dangerous force field? Because she would do anything for Wanda." 

Monica is silent as she stares at the TV. Darcy wonders if she's said too much when Monica suddenly looks at her in thought.

"I was there when Wanda gave birth to the twins. I mean essentially they're only physically tied to Wanda so, in order for them to be Athena's kids, Wanda has to be rewriting the story!"

"Huh?" Darcy asks.

"Wanda, she has to know that Nora is actually Athena and if she doesn't, she's bound to figure it out soon. She's rewriting the story so that Nora/Athena is her main love interest. Alternatively, we're about to witness the craziest love affair in history," Monica exclaims excitedly.

"You seem oddly excited about this," Darcy notes and Monica glances away bashfully and Darcy finds it to be the cutest thing that she's ever seen in her life. The big and bad agent Monica Rambeau was getting excited over the love story of two Avengers.

"I mean I obviously want to help stop all of this. Wanda, she's truly grieving for the first time in her life. But it's kind of cool. We get to watch Wanda and Athena fall in love all over again."

Darcy stares at Monica, a small smile growing on her lips, "You're an optimist, aren't you?"

Monica laughs, "I guess so. Maybe it's not one of my best traits-"

"No, it is," Darcy tells her, "It's admirable. Really."

Monica smiles at her, a breath-taking sight and Darcy grows flustered as she clears her throat and looks back over at the TV, "Um hey look it's back at the house, maybe we'll get to see how Nora/Athena reacts to all of this."