The Murasakibara Household

Start from the beginning

Yui smiled, " I don't mind really, I actually enjoy cooking,"

The siblings still felt hesitant.

" Just let her cook, at least we won't die," Murasakibara said.

With that, Yui made herself busy in the kitchen. Niko and the rest offered to help but she insisted they sit down after showing her the ingredients.

Some time passed and the front door opened to reveal a black-haired woman. She took off her shoes and was about to walk into the living room when she smelled a delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

' Did these guys manage to cook something?'

The whole reason she came home earlier than expected was because she knew her younger children couldn't cook to save their lives.

" Oh my, did you guys actually manage to cook something or is that takeaway?" The woman asked as she walked in. She stopped when she saw all her children sitting in the living room watching tv and chatting.

" Oka-san, you're back. No we didn't cook but-" before Ryu could finish, Yui walked out of the kitchen a pot and placed it on the table. She saw the lady and hurried to greet her.

" H-hello, I am Arai Yui. Murasakibara-san's tutor," she bowed nervously.

" Oh right, I heard my Atsu had brought a girl home but I didn't expect it to be someone so small and cute." Yui felt her eye twitch. Why must everyone in this household feel the need to mention her height?

" My name is Nanami, Arai-chan. Was it you who cooked the dinner?"

The siblings had an ominous feeling and started walking backwards but was stopped with a glare from an angry mom. She gave all of them a swift slap at the back of their heads (now we know where they inherited their violence from) and began scolding them about letting a guest cook.

" Mrs Murasakibara, I was the one who offered to cook. I enjoy cooking so it wasn't really a trouble," Yui said hoping to pacify the woman before she beat her children (she wouldn't really beat them but probably flick their foreheads).

" Oh you are so polite Arai-chan. Thank you for cooking for us. The food smells really good," Nanami said, her personality did a full 180 degree turn. Her children scowled rubbing the backs of their sore heads.

" Ne what did you make for us?" Murasakibara asked. His eyes were fully glued to the pot Yui had brought out.

" I made wonton soup with a couple of side dishes," Yui said.

Everyone took a seat at the table and Yui began dishing out the soup. It smelled wonderful and the family's mouths watered in anticipation.

" Ittadakimasu,"

Ryu was the first to take in a spoonful and his mouth was immediately conquered. Seeing his expression, the rest ate their soup and couldn't stop.

" This is amazing Yui-chan!" Niko said as she ate some side dishes.

" Wow Atsushi, you never told us your friend was such a great cook," Sora said. Murasakibara did mention something along those lines though.

" Your parents must be so lucky to have a daughter like you," Ryu said. Yui didn't know what to say to that. She was already accustomed to having no parents and never felt strongly about the matter but she wasn't sure how to reply to that statement. Murasakibara spoke up instead.

" Araichin lives in an orphanage,"

The table went silent as they turned towards the girl who blushed.

" E-eh? Yui-chan, you're an orphan?"

" Yeah. I uh was given up a couple of days after I was born. I lived in the orphanage ever since," Yui said nonchalantly.

" I apologise for saying something careless," Ryu felt very bad. Yui waved her hands, " Oh no don't worry about it. I don't really pity myself honestly, I mean I grew up as an orphan and I've never really cared when people mention my parents,"

Yui assured the family she wasn't offended and was hugged by both Niko and Mrs Murasakibara who kept going on about how she was such an angel.

Dinner ended and Yui excused herself to the kitchen and came out holding a pie.

" I made some dessert," she said as she placed the pie down. The smell of apples and cinnamon drifted into everyone's noses and their eyes watered at the angel that descended upon them.

Just like her soup, the pie blew them away and the siblings fought for the last slice. Each bite melted in their mouth and the heat gave them a warm fluffy feeling in their stomachs.

With a delightful end to a pleasant meal, the family cleared the table and Sora and Niko washed the dishes. Yui was about to help when she was forcefully ushered to the couch by Mrs Murasakibara.

" Arai-chan, it's pretty late. Ryu can take you back home in his car,"

" O-oh it's fine, I'm happy to catch the bus,"

" Nonsense, after blessing us with such a wonderful meal and dessert AND cleaning my son's bedroom, this is the least we can do. Ryu won't mind either and we'd feel much better if we know you'll be safe,"

" If that's the case then I'll graciously accept,"

After bidding everyone good-bye, Ryu took Yui home and Murasakibara came as well for some reason. It seems this GOM member has become attached.

Yui directed Ryu to the orphanage and they arrived after half an hour. Yui was greeted by Miss Hana who was very worried but calmed down after Ryu explained the situation to her. Yui was given a small scolding but was let off as usual.

Honestly, this was the most unexpected day for Yui and she never thought there would be more to come.