Emmeline Swan #1

Deep maroon colored eyes swept over the tumble weed covered Texan landscape. The woman the eyes belonged to, quickly honed in on moving figure in the distance. She hopped from one tree to the next, getting closer to the object of her focus. Once the woman was close enough, she pounced.

The woman quickly pinned her prey to the ground, and sank her teeth into the preys' neck. The warmth of the blood caused the woman to emit a sound similar to a pur. She finished the meal in record time, then buried the body.

"You're getting better."

The woman turned around to see a man with similar eyes leaning against a tree.

"I had a pretty decent teacher."

"Decent? I'll have you know, I'm the best teacher out there!"

"Peter, Charlotte had to teach me how to hunt after your trip turned into a mess."

"It was not a mess, Emmeline."

The woman raised her eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"Okay, there was a little bit of a mess."

"There was more than a 'little bit' of a mess, Peter. My hair was stained with blood for a week."

Peter let out a groan of annoyance.

"You're not gonna let that go, are you?"

"Eventually. What do you want?"

"Someone's coming to visit."

"Who?"

"Don't know yet. But I do know that you are with us when the visitor comes."

Emmeline was in the living room, while Peter and Charlotte stood outside. All three of them agreed that Emmeline would stay in the house, until Peter or Charlotte called her outside.

It wasn't long, before the visitor showed up. Whoever it was, wasn't human, as there was no heartbeat to be heard. There were two, instead of one, from Emmeline could tell. When the visitors got closer, Emmeline held her breath. A habit that she used to have when she was younger.

"What brings you two to Texas?" Peter inquired.

"We need you. Our family's in danger."

"What do we need to do?"

"It's hard to explain in person. Just know that Volturi are involved. If you go to our house, everything will be explained there."

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Charlotte asked.

"Jasper said you would ask that. He also said to tell you that Peter owes him."

"That does sound like Major. What do you think Char?"

It was silent for a few seconds before Charlotte spoke.

"We'll go and hear what has to be said. After that, we'll most likely stay."

"Good. If you encounter anyone on your way there, try and persuade them to come. Tell them what we told you. Any help is welcomed."

"Will do. Before you go, we have a new coven member we would like you to meet." Peter said.

Cautiously, Emmeline opened the door, and stepped out on to the porch. She briefly looked at Peter and Charlotte, before looking at the visitors. Eyes widening a fraction when she realized who she was looking at.

"Emmeline?"

"Rosalie. Emmett. It's been a while. How's life away from Forks?"

"It...what happened to you?" Emmett asked, a confused look on hid face.

"It's obvious, isn't it? I'm like you now. Still a few months out from being a yearling, but I'd like to think I'm doing okay with it."