Chapter 4 - The Visit

A few hours and several phone calls from Jane went by while Beth was still driving around in a subway train. As if she didn't know herself anymore, she was still driving around. People had started to ask her if she was ok, but she didn't even know if she was ok. From one moment to the next Beth got back to herself and realized that she must have been driving around for hours, and that she wasn't even in the train that got her home. She looked at her phone und saw the unanswered calls from Jane. She called Jane back. Jane was sick worried and thought Loki might have done something to her. He surely did but it was nothing to be concerned about. At least not now. Beth explained what had been going on the last few hours and assured Jane that she would go home and stay safe. Beth hadn't felt unsafe with Loki. The question was: Was that about to change anytime soon?

When Beth finally sat in the train home she started thinking again. His eyes. Something was behind them she couldn't explain just yet. Even though Thor and Jane did not really approve that she would see Loki again she wished for him to be back soon. It had started raining when she got out of the subway station in Queens. Beth hurried home to not get too soaked. Her brown hair usually had a natural curl but it's the nature of humas to always want what they don't have, so she straightened it. Arriving home first thing she did was throw her bag on the table in the kitchen and walk to her book shelve. There were so many books about lots of stuff, but she searched for one thing in particular. Then she found it. It was a big worn-out book with dust on it because she hadn't read it in a while. On the cover you could see a drawing of Thor and the title was "Everything you need to know about Nordic Mythology". Beth knew this book like the back of her hand, but Loki had no big role in it. Maybe that was the reason he wanted to make the people on earth kneel before him? Maybe he just wanted to be seen?

Beth put the book back into the shelve and took off her shoes and her jacket. What a weird day she just had. She still couldn't quite process what happened and that everything was real. Sure, she heard about Thor and the Avengers, and that Loki had endangered the lives of the people in New York. And now she – out of all the people in New York – happened to meet those two. Gods out of stories she grew up with. She felt overwhelmed and sat down on her couch.

Beth closed her eyes, tilted her head back and leaned it onto the head rest. Then she heard a noise behind her, and her eyes went wide open again. She turned to see if anybody was there and before she could even see what it was, Loki sat right next to her on the couch.
>>I see you missed me, my pet.<<, he chuckled and pointed over to the book shelve. Beth slid a few inches away from him because she was scared. >>How did you get in here?<<, she asked. Loki smiled and in the next second he was sitting at her kitchen table. >>Magic. I can be everywhere I want. And right now there's no place on earth I'd rather be.<<

Did he really just say that? He walked back to the couch. Looking at him alone gave Beth shivers. He looked dangerous but in the same moment he looked pleasing. His dark hair seemed slightly wet, but it wasn't, and his smile looked like he could kill you in the blink of an eye. >>There's no need to be scared. I will not harm you.<<, Loki said. Slowly Beth had gotten used to the fact that he could read her mind very well. Still, she couldn't really see what he could possibly want from her. Beth needed to know. >>What do you want from me? I mean there are Billions of people on this planet, and you chose the most boring woman in New York. Why is that?<<, she asked. Loki had to laugh. He ran his hands through his hair, placed himself on the hand rest of her couch and said >>And that's the whole point. You don't see what I see in you. There's so much potential.<< Whatever that meant. Beth got up from the couch and went to boil some water for tea. As soon as she as soon as she put the kettle on its station Beth felt a sudden pressure on her wrist and was thrown into the wall behind her. Loki slowly moved towards her, but he was not touching her at all. Beth couldn't move but also did not want to move. She watched Loki as he approached her, and she tried not to let any weird thought appear in her head. Before their bodies touched in any kind of way, Loki stopped. Even though they really had no body contact Beth could feel his breath on her face and scented his smell. He smelled like the air shortly after the sun had sunken and the moon was about to arise. Kind of tempting but dangerous too. >>That is what I'm here for. I wanna play with you. With your thoughts, with your body. I want you to fear me but want to be seduced by me. And as I can read in your mind that works quite well.<<

While they were standing on the wall the hot water was ready and Beth felt her heart boiling too. They were staring into each other's eyes for a few minutes, neither of them moving. The only thing they felt was the warmth of their breaths. Beth wanted his lips on hers so bad, but she couldn't move away from the wall. She didn't even know if that was her own thought or if Loki made her think that.

Suddenly he let go and turned away from her. When Beth got herself a cup and a tea bag she was still shaking. From the corner of her eye, she could see Loki walking up and down in her living room like he was planning something bad. Beth took her cup and walked to the couch to sit down. Loki smiled at her. >>I must leave you again my pet. I'll see you in your dreams.<<, he whispered. And before he vanished, he took Beth's hand and kissed it lightly.

For a few minutesBeth was paralyzed. He absolutely made her the pet he wanted her to be andthere was nothing she could do. His smell still filled the room, and shecouldn't get his vicious smile out of the head. Beth decided to go to bed earlytoday.