The Reichenbach Fall

M: Thankfully, Anthea had been kind enough to help me deal with whatever it was that you did with my phone.

S: You’re very welcome, brother dear.

M: But really, are you sure that you are uninterested in informing John regarding this issue?

M: A response would be extremely appreciated.

M: The plan is now in action.

S: ‘You repel me’? Really?

M: Yes, and you suck on court.

S: My performance in court would not have changed anything.

M: True. My office, next Tuesday.

S: I’ll be bringing donuts.

M: I’m on a diet, Sherlock.

S: I will also be bringing a slice or two of your favorite blueberry cheesecake.

M: And that was precisely where I got the idea of ‘you repel me’ from.

M: I’ve got news.

S: Did you accidentally impregnate yourself with the pastries I gave you yesterday?

M: Seriously, Sherlock? Your lack of maturity is infuriating.

S: There was no necessity for you to contact John.

M: I did not tell him anything regarding the plan. Although I must ask, have you received what I gave him?

S: The information is of no relevance whatsoever.

M: There are expert assassins surrounding your home how is that not relevant to the fact that I am doing what I can to keep you alive.

M: I’m assuming that the abduction of the children have quite a lot to do with Moriarty.

S: You are not wrong.

S: Stay out of this.

M: Sherlock you are stepping into uncharted territory. Moriarty has outplayed us.

S: Precisely why I want you to stay out of this.

M: I don’t need your protection, Sherlock.

M: John just came to me, what is happening?

M: Sherlock what the hell are you up to?

Sherlock blearily opened his eyes to a furious Mycroft. ‘Seriously, Sherlock? You could have killed yourself.’

‘Well technically I’m still alive.’

‘Because I saved your ass. Now, what you do is leave this country, at least until things get back into control.’

Sherlock sighed, ‘Undercover work again.’

‘Yes, brother dear. I believe you’ll have a great time, on the basis that there’ll be no shortage of adrenaline bursts and dangerous situations in regards of that mission,’ Mycroft remarked snidely.

Mycroft looked on as his little brother stood up and made his way to the door. Yet Sherlock stopped as he reached the door. Turning back, he said, ‘I didn’t jump off that building for the sake of the adrenaline rush, Mycroft. I jumped for the sake of the people involved.’

Mycroft nodded tightly as he stated, ’Caring is never an advantage, Sherlock. They will never know of your sacrifice. Oh, and Sherlock? Here’s your new phone. Please do use it properly.’