Chapter 1 : Their meeting

Took my time but hey ! At least, now it's here ! XD

Also, I'm gonna kill this wrist ! Why can't it heal quicker ?! I wanna write a lot of things !!  Especially for GD (love seeing your theories btw XD) !! But I can't force too much because of this dumbass of a wrist !! And I finished watching the Phoenix Wright trilogy >x<

Also I wonder how my English teachers would react seeing this today, I used to better in German than in English XD I can't believe I've improved so much XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing on the Hope's peak, Hope's peak academy recruit students through the whole country in order to raise hope in the nation's future.

It towers over all the other buildings in this bustling urban area... like it stands at the center of the entire world.

It brings top students from every field imaginable. A government-funded school of privilege.

Its mission is to send the cream of the crop into the work force every year.

It's impossible to be admitted just like that, passing some entrance exams or interviews. That's not the way it works. They're looking for their students, they scout them.

There are two conditions you must respect if you wanna be scooted by the school.

1) you must be a high school student.

And 2) you must be the very best in your domain. Only the elite is worth it.

Students from this academy are called "ultimates" because of this second reason. There are every type of utilmates in here : artists, scientists, athletics, social status, etc. And even some darker ultimates.

For example, there's the ultimate pianist who won over countless prizes ; the ultimate astronaut who's the first high schooler passing the astronaut exam ; or the ultimate misander *cough cough* hum... sorry, I meant the ultimate neo-aikido master.

And standing there at the gate of the ultimate school filled with the ultimate students...

Was Shuichi Saihara, the ultimate detective. And the protagonist of this story.

You must be thinking « a detective ?  That's so cool !! Why are you saying he's just a normal boy ?! » and I completely agree with you but... thing is, Shuichi doesn't find himself worth of being called 'ultimate detective'... and not even just 'detective'...

He only got his title because he was lucky, without even really wanting it. He just happened to solve a murder case his uncle's agence was dealing with and, ever since then, people have started calling him that. That was what he answered to the persons who seemed mesmerized by his title.

Shuichi was like this, so modest about his prestigious status of detective he would rather be called the ultimate lucky student. This modesty was also accompanied by some lack of self-esteem by the way...

But refusing an admission in THE Hope's Peak academy... now, that was something even the dumbest guy out of everyone on this damn planet wouldn't do ! Unless you have extremely good reasons to decline. Which are ? I don't know, being admitted in there was such a prestigious act in itself and promising so much for the future of their students that, up until now, there's never been any of these good reasons.

Quite the opposite, actually. The academy is so prestigious through the whole country -and even abroad- that some students, lacking talents, are willing to register for the reserve course just to be closer from their life long dream. The reserve course consists of lessons and classes for the normal high schoolers, without any talent, the only difference being the veeeery high tuition fees and the veeeery strict exams. This course exists mainly to finance the academy, especially for the research of some other new talents.