She darted around the ginger before he could begin to protest, shooting down the hallway once more. Thankfully, without anymore pauses from anybody else, Rebecca made it to the office in one piece. She had thought to knock at first, faltering for a split moment right outside the shut door. Though, it didn't matter, seeing as she then practically just pushed her way in without thinking. Lupin was almost finished packing, the entirety of the office was bare and back to being stripped of any personality it had before. The man looked up in an instant as the door swung open and rapped against the wall, tired eyes now wide.

"I don't blame you," Rebecca said quickly, taking a step forward once his eyes focused on her bandaged shoulder, "it's not your fault – it's mine."

"You shouldn't be here," Remus whispered, moving back as she moved forward.

"Do you want me to leave?" She questioned, a frown tugging at the corners of her lips as she faltered in her steps.

"I just don't want to hurt you," He uttered, snapping one of his filled suitcases shut, "I've already maimed you enough."

"Stop it!" Rebecca proclaimed in a hushed voice, stepping forward once more so she stood before him and blocked his packing, "I know what I did, and I'd do it ten times over – again and again," She held out a hand, urging him to take it, "Please, you were after Snape – well, Moony was, anyways – he had seen how Snape grabbed me, then he was growling and snapping at him."

"I put myself in front of the line of fire because I knew it'd be far worse should Moony have hurt Snape instead," She insisted, swallowing thickly, "please, don't blame yourself. It didn't even hurt, I swear it. I didn't feel a thing."

"Don't think yourself a monster because of my actions. Please."

Remus said nothing at first, his eyes searching her own – taking immediate note of the color change and frowning deeper. His calloused hands moved slowly, dropping the hand it held before returning to packing the remainder of his things as the room fell back into silence.

"You're still going to leave?" Rebecca whispered hoarsely, annoying tears pricking in her eyes as she frowned, "I'm sorry – this is all my fault. If only I hadn't –"

"None of this is your fault, do you here me?" Remus spun around again, taking a gentle hold of both her arms to meet her watery eyes head-on, "I've already resigned, my carriage will be here at any moment. You're not to blame."

"Can't you just tell Dumbledore you've changed your mind?" She questioned childishly, searching his scarred face, "Have him Obliviate Snape and all the others or something?"

"By this time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving from parents," He informed her quietly, shaking his head with a pitiful smile, "They will not want a werewolf teaching their children. And after last night, I can see their point – even if you had done it purposely – I could've done far worse to any of you."

"It's not fair – why does it matter?" She protested, "Why can't they just see how well you've been to us and have it at that?" Rebecca let out a breath, shaking her head, "you've taught us all far more than all the other professors combined. Managed to continue teaching with a smile on your face even while still having to transform each month."

"One day, the world may overlook our differences, but until then – it's for the best," Remus smiled smally, shaking his own head once more, "and I hope you don't mind, but I've given Harry the map when he was in earlier – I told him to share it amongst yourselves."

"I don't want the stupid map, I want you to stay," She murmured sadly, peering down at her shoes to avoid the pitiful gaze she'd give, "I've only met you and my dad this past year – and I've only just gotten to know you – and now you've both have gone."