MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 24

Start from the beginning

He did not feel a sliver of regret nor sympathy for those long-time servants, guards and officials he had ordered to be tortured or executed for they had miserably failed to do their duties. All he had wanted them to do was to ensure the safety of the princess but then they had not taken their duties with serious gravity. As for Hsien Mao Dong, that despicable swine, he would have his head and display it outside of the palace gates to tell everyone that traitors would never be treated with dignity. He clenched and unclenched ond of his fists, seemingly impatient.

While the Emperor was still in deep thoughts, a herald arrived and announced his presence to the Emperor.

The herald kowtowed to the Emperor and respectfully said, "May I have the permission to speak to the most radiant Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years?"

"Speak," the Emperor ordered commandingly. The tearful palace guard was momentarily given a reprieve.

"Thank you for giving me the permission to speak to Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years. The reason why I wished to speak to his most radiant Son of Heaven is because of a letter that comes from Captain Lu Wang Wei. May I have the permission to read its content to his Imperial Majesty?"

"Read it," the Emperor said aloofly yet his voice echoed powerfully through the huge palace hall.

"Thank you, son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years," the herald reverently said. "The letter says,

Heaven's annointed Most High Emperor:

I, Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei, Son of Heaven's humble appointed servant of the Phoenix unit, humbly beseech your permission to ask for additional men and reinforcements for the war against the Hsein army. We have engaged one of their units in the battle and, eventhough, we win against them, we have lost a lot of men and our reinforcements are destroyed. We are currently heading south of the enemies base which is the shortest yet most dangerous path and should we engage with another Hsein army unit in another battle, we will possibly be outnumbered.

Have mercy, Son of Heaven, I assure you that we will win this battle and totally crush the Hsein armies.

Son of Heaven's humble servant,

Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei"

Emperor Li Huang Di thought for a moment. At the mention of the word 'Hsien,' his blood boiled with supreme wrath that his desperation to obliterate the entire Hsein army had increased tenfold. He would make sure to not spare even just one Hsein soldier. Oh, he might do something worst than what he had originally intend to do to the traitorous snake's head, Hsein Mao Dong. Whatever it might be, he would make sure that it could mark an impression to anybody who planned to betray him.

"Write a message and send it to Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei that he would receive reinforcements and additional men in the soonest possible time. You may leave now." Emperor Li Huang Di dismissed the herald and beckoned for one of his high military officials. "Jiangjun Yu Hui Cheng, come near."

Jiangjun Yu Hui Cheng hastily came near the Emperor and kowtowed. "All of your commands even at the cost of my life I shall heed, Son of Heaven. May I know what Son of Heaven wants me to do?"

"Assemble an army of 20000 men, let each of them carry weapons and reinforments good for two people enough for a month and send them to the Hsein army's base. Let them take the route to the south. They will be additional forces to Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei's and I want you to lead them so make haste."

Jiangjun Yu Hui Cheng visibly shivered at the Emperor's command. He bowed down his head and suggested, "The path to the south is the most perilous one when going to the Hsein's base, may we take another path instead, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years?"