CHAPTER 1 (The call)

(F/N) POV:

As I opened my eyes, I saw the grey ceiling, thinking how I got here, I never wanted to be a soldier I wanted to be a chef, but my parents didn't want me to, they said it was my leagcy to carry on the "family name". As I got up I heard a knock on the old wooden door, " Commander (L/n) you are needed on the field sir" I just kept quiet as I heard the messenger go away.

I started to get ready, getting a clean, and putting my armor on, I hated this metal coffin, it was heavy and in summer it became unbearably hot, without anything else to put on I walked out of the room, while walking the corridors, there was a large group of people bunched up togetehr looking at something, as I got closer I saw 2 privates, goign on each other, some kind of fight, I just scuffed and walked through, when both privates saw me walking, they stopped and to salute me, i then asked "what seems to be the problem private?"  the private responded "Well sir you see,  my friend here decided to drop my breakfast before I could even get a bite in" I looked at the other one with a deadpan look " is this true?" I asked "Yes sir it was supposed to be a joke", I just signal the hungry private to follow me, in no time we where in the dinning room, as we got close to the chef I said " Hey Mark I need a breakfast for this young man here" Mark being a close friend of mine didnt bat an eye and brought a plate full of food, " Here, dont be so dumb next time" I said that the private thanked me and went to a table.

When I walked, out to the scorching sun, I saw general Darius standing before me, I saluted him and before I could talk he said in his usual rough voice " Good morning commander, I come here today to speak with you about important matters, you are needed on the central castle" I looked at him with a confused look adn asked, " May I ask why, the queen would need to see a lowly commander?" he chuckcled and said " I don't know either, the queen just ordered for you" I just nodded and followed him to the carriage.

After he closed the door, he let out a heavy sigh "Sorry for that (F/n ) you know that I cannot act as your friend in fornt of the troops, since I might get in toruble, But how you've been" he asked with a light smile on his face, before I could even begin to talk our driver announced our arrival, to the castle. I just sighed and said " well same as always asking myself why dO I do what I do, but without that IM doing fine, not much trouble on the fort" 

As we kept walking the conversation was getting more simple, speaking of our days i the barracks, in the war against demacia, where he took over the control of the operation and won the battle of the river, taht how he got the tittle of general on the young age of 26, after a while of walkign and talking, we where in front of two big doors, That I recognized as the throne room, when I opened the doors, and walked in fornt of the queen, as I kneeled she began to talk " Commander (F/n) (L/n) I pressume" I just nodded she continued " You mnight be asking yourself why I called you here today, well the answer is simple you've been selected, to meet princess Katarina" I lifted my head up adn asked " My queen if I could ask soemthing, why me arent there thousands of candidates that could be better, if I may I am the definiotn of average, im not the best at anything im just there" the queen just sighed adn said " Actually Princess Katarina Requested people that dont stand out since she doesnt want to get married, she prefers being the cneter of attention" I couldnt say anything an just agreed, Darius then came in and signaled me to follow him, after the queen dismissed me I went out.

As I followed Darius, he joklingly said " Lucky day eh, you could get picked and become a prince, maybe even get more than that if you know what I mean" the last part he said while winking at smirking, i jsut responded with a "as IF mos surely ill be there for the duration and go back to my post on the fort" Darius slapped my back and said "Dont count yourself out yet, you never know"

After what seemed as an eternity of walking, we arrived at teh tailors office, sa soon as we entered, I knew this was goign to be boring. When we walked in a looked at Darius with a annoyed expression he just looked ate me and went "Dont be mad at me, its just that you need a bit of an upgrade, on the clothes department" I just scuffed and went with it.

The tailor was named, Taric, a famous fashion designer of the kingdom. As soon as he saw us walk in, he approched us and greeted Darius in a very friendly manner, after greeting Darius and looked at me, he looked back at darius and said " Oh dear why do you bring me this?" Darius just laughed and said " ask the Queen about it she wants him to meet Princess Katarina"  Taric just looked at Darius with a confused face, a expression in between "why" and "really?" He then just looked at me and sighed.

"Well dear lets try and make this work" as soon as he said that he started taking notes on my height and overall body shape, after he was done he said "not shavy at all, maybe, you're well built and your face isnt that bad either" after that harsh observation taric, left me and brought back a red and white suit, with black roses on the side.

After putting the suit on, Darius thanked Taric, and pulled me out of the room, without any type of shame he said "Well (F/n) now to meet, the Princess" I couldnt even process what he said and just shoved me into a room, and there I was with a bunch of people, that looked ten times mmore prepared than I did. Not that I care fo that matter I just want to get this over with and get back to work, althought I dont want that either.

About 15 minutes later, everyone began to panic, as I tried to look for a way out of this room and get out of here , I finally saw what all the ruckus was all about, there she was princes Katarina, I wont say she wasnt gorgeous, but I simply wasnt interested.

KATARINA'S POV

As I entered the room everyone was praising me, as it should be, of course Im the most gorgeous person in this kingdom why wouldnt I get all the praise. While meeting the candidates everyone seemed to have the same idiology to praise me until I decided to drop on my knees and secually please them. Disguisting pigs, every single one of them where like this, they where "checking me out" yes I liked the attention but Im more than just some piece of expensive beef, I want to be recognized as a great warrior, who can stand for herself.

After greeting everyone with a fskee smile, and some giggles, I noticied that there was someone on the back, he didn't look, bad, he looked bored?, he didn't look interested at any point, so I tried to walk near him but the mass of candidates that were in the room was kinda suffocating, so instead of fighting my way through, I just screamed "ALL OF YOU GET THE FUCK OUT" all of them where shocked but like the good dogs they are, they obeyed, everyone got out quickly but that one guy.
As he approached the door I grabbed his shoulder , and asked "Hey what you name?" With a face saying just kill me he said "(F/n) (L/n) why?" The question was said in a tone that could appear as tired, so I responded with a "hm, you're the only guy here that wasnt trying to get close to me why's that" he looked at me dead in the eye and said " Well "princess" is beacuse you're right i dont want to get close to you, you just seem annoying to be around"

I stayed silent and just signal him to leave, in a quick manner i notified mother, which candidate I chose.

TIMESKIP 1 DAY
(F/N) POV

As I entered the castel for a second time this week, now wondering why I was here, as the royal guard took me to the queen, she quickly notified me that the princess chose me as her new fiance. And explained that I would start living on the main castle form now on, I didnt fight for the same reason I didnt yesterday If i did It would be consider treason, and I would be beheaded.

As the guards escorted me to my new room, I couldnt figure out what I did to deserve this.
Finally when I got into the room there was a letter. When I opened it it read
"Hello, Mr.(L/n) as of now you must know that you are my new fiance congratulations, I inavite you tomoroow, to the royal garden at 9:00 am for a friendlt sparing match"
-Katarina

When I finished I asked the guards If they could show me the grounds tomorrow morning just to know how to get there, they obliged without  a problem.
After that I just trued to make myself comfortable in this new home .