CHAPTER TWENTY: Another New Day

Start from the beginning

"Ivana, we didn't say that you should accept him now. Take your time. He knows that you still love Loki and he's not expecting you to love him right away." Wanda told the young lady, putting her arms around the shoulder of Ivana. Ivana sighed and nodded.

The three girls decided to get a table for three while waiting for the boys. There was a café beside the shop that the boys were at. So, the girls decide to grab some snacks for themselves and also some smoothie to get energize. While eating their snacks and chilling, they were startled by voice of a woman screaming.

The woman screams while pointing at a man who snatch her handbag. "Shit," Natasha wanted to take out her gun but Ivana stop her. Ivana sees the man was running towards the direction of them. Well, behind Ivana actually. They chose a table outside the restaurant so the boys can easily spot them.

Ivana pushes her snacks and her smoothie in the center of the table. Just in case it will fell down or whatsoever. There were two police officer running after the man. Ivana waited for the right time to stand up. Just when the man just about to run behind Ivana, she stood up abruptly, causing her chair to fell down, tripping the man.

The man surprisingly has a gun and shoot Ivana. But she was quicker. Her power prevents her from receiving the bullet. The bullet fell back on the ground and sounded like a pebble that fells onto the ground. The public saw the purple light that was form in Ivana's hand and she quickly make it disappear.

The police officer then grab the man to be brought to the police station. The man looks terrified with Ivana but Ivana just simply put her chair back and sat down. She saw both Wanda and Natasha stares at her. "What?" she questioned before sipping her drinks. At the same time, the 3 boys walked towards them.

"We heard a gunshot. What happened?" Steve asked. "Nothing. Just a man snatching someone's bag." Ivana replied casually, continue eating her food. "Steve," Natasha said. "Yeah?" Steve replied.

"Ivana never reveal her power in the public. What do you think happen if the public knows about it?" Natasha asked. Ivana stop eating her food and look at Steve. Before he could reply, Ivana interjects.

"It will be alright. I will be fine." Ivana says. "I am not sure. Why? Did you used your power just now?" Steve asked and turn to Ivana. "Yeah. To prevent the bullet, get to me." Ivana replied. Steve exhaled and sat at the next table to the girls' table. "We just need to be aware with the spies." Bucky said.

"Spies? Who?" Ivana questioned. "It could be anyone. HYDRA, SHIELD and even maybe the Task Force." Steve replied. Ivana raised her eyebrow and mumbled, "Wow." "Well, there are a lot of people watching at us now if you notice." Sam said. Ivana look around. She coughs as she sees the people looking at them.

"Should we go now?" Ivana suggests. "If you say so. We are done shopping too." Steve said, turning to Bucky and Sam. They nodded. "Let's go." Ivana whispered as they got up from their seats and head towards the car. They entered the car and Friday drives them back to the compound.

"Mm, Ivana is already known by the government and the public since she reached earth. With Dr Strange and Tony." Wanda said, showing her phone while they were on their way back to the compound.

Her smartphone screen plays a video where it shows Ivana using her power to stop a car crash, helping other people from stumbling on their paths and so on. Ivana raised her eyebrows in disbelief. It was recorded?

"How can these humans still have the chance to record all of these when their lives are at stake?" Ivana asked in disbelief. "These are humans, Ivana." Natasha said. Ivana sighed and shook her head.

"It's impossible that they are not searching for Ivana. Plus, they saw Ivana with Tony. How can they not find Ivana?" Steve asked. "Unless, they don't want to find Ivana." Sam said.

"Why wouldn't they?" Wanda asked. "They searched for me. They searched for every single one of us." Wanda continued. "Ivana, did someone had met you? From any agency or whatsoever?" Steve asked. She shakes her head and replied, "No. No one met me." Ivana said.

"She was most of the time in the lab with Tony and Bruce. If she's not there, she would be in the living room or her bedroom." Bucky said. "Yeah," Ivana nodded. "Or maybe, they are giving us time to escape?" Steve guessed. Ivana sigh and remain quiet for the rest of the journey.

Perhaps this might a trap or maybe, a sign of peace and freedom that is given to the Avengers.