Chapter 1 - The New Commander

Azur Lane headquarters 07:30:00 hours.

Three ship girls are currently in a discussion about their complaint that they sent to the Navy Department. It's been three days since they sent their complaint. And they're hoping that the new base commander will be different from their previous commanders. Some of whom are either sadistic perverts or lolicons.

????: I wonder if they have finally found a new commander for us.

????: It's only been three days since I sent our complaint. I'm sure they must have taken action already.

????: I hope that our new commander will be different from the previous ones. If it's not a lolicon, it had to be a sadistic pervert. Ugh! Just thinking about it makes me wanna puke.

????: Hold your horses Cleveland. I'm sure that Navy brass may have finally found a right guy to become our base commander.

Cleveland: I hope that you're right Hornet. By the way Wales, who's manning the tower today?

Wales: The queen wanted to be on the tower. Belfast is currently checking on Enterprise. So it's Hipper, Edinburgh, Takao and Atago who are manning the tower. Yorktown is with them as well.

While they are discussing who is going to be their new base commander. Maverick is now inbound on Azur Lane headquarters. He flies immediately to the base's airfield. However he is thinking about making another high speed flyby.

Hornet: (Hears the sound of Maverick's incoming jet.) Do you girls hear that?

Cleveland: It sounds like a jet. Don't tell me that the Sirens have come back. Not a time like this.

Wales: I hope that the girls in the tower might be able to identify if it's a threat or not.

Yorktown, Hipper, Edinburgh, Takao, and Atago who are manning the tower sees the incoming F/A-18E fighter jet. Yorktown immediately radios the pilot to identify himself.

Yorktown: This is Azur Lane air traffic control tower. Pilot identify yourself. We will be forced to shoot you down if you are threat.

Maverick: "Tower this is Maverick requesting a flyby."

Hipper: (Drinking rootbeer by the window.) Negative Maverick. All flybys are strictly prohibited.

Maverick: (Laughing softly.)

Takao sees the F-18E coming in at supersonic speed

Takao sees the F-18E coming in at supersonic speed. She quickly radios Maverick to slow down.

Takao: Maverick you are coming in at supersonic speed. Reduce your speed now! I repeat! Reduce your speed now!