Chapter 59 Part 2 - "Why did You Murder Him?"

....

Murong Ci stared at them, and they all buried their heads deeply to the grown, not daring to let out their nervousness, as if just a breath would be disrespectful to the Royal King, and they would deserve to die for it today.
They had worked in the Wuying Hall for many years and have never seen the Royal King in person, but they would rather never see him in their lives, because meeting him in person is not a good thing, and means they're in trouble.

They heard that the Royal King had iron-blooded wrists, a thunderous temper, and had a very strict law enforcement.
The civil and military officials didn't want to get in trouble with him, let alone their humble servants!

Shen Zhiyan suddenly shouted coldly:

"It's the six of you who prepared for the Literary Test. No one else, right?"

One of the servants replied boldly:

"Yes, it was only these six minions, and no one else."

"Look up and report your names."
Murong Ci's cold eyes swept across everyone.

"Your Royal Highness asked you to raise your head, didn't you hear?"
Shen Zhiyan scolded.

The six servants raised their heads one after another, their eyes drooping, not daring to look at the superior in front of them, while shaking like chaff, they reported their names.

She fixed her gaze in one place and asked,

"Who prepared the writing set for the fourth, fifth, and sixth rows of low desks in the left column of the main Hall?"

A servant named Xiao Hu Tao trembled and trembled as if he was walking on a rope:

"I-It was this minion.....t-to p-prepare it...
Your Highness, it wasn't his minion! I didn't harm anyone.......This minion didn't do anything......."
He suddenly yelled, with his face covered in sweat, and as he did, a pool of yellow liquid that smelled like urine gradually expanded on the Palace bricks under him.

Shen Zhiyan couldn't help holding his laughter, and quickly covered his mouth to stop laughing,

'This person was so scared that he peed himself.'

"Drag him out!"
Murong Yu ordered coldly.

"This slave was wronged... Prince Regent, Your Highness, this slave didn't kill anyone..."
Xiao Hu Tao was dragged out by the guards, and the hoarse cry became smaller and smaller until he disappeared.

In the blink of an eye, one of their companion was dragged out, and he was very likely to end up visiting "King Yama" in Hell...
Just thinking about it, the remaining five servants felt that their limbs were soft and their whole bodies were frozen.
The fear of death made them tremble violently, and their faces were as gray as death.

Murong Ci asked again:

"After you had finished the preparation, who was the last one to leave the Hall?"

The five servants looked at each other, and the four servants pointed at one person,

"It was him."

Murong Ci looked at the accused servant, named Xiao Yongzi, she smiled and asked:
"Were you the last one to leave?"

Shen Zhiyan was puzzled,

'Why is His Highness smiling so weirdly?'

Murong Yu seemed to smile as well but hid it,

'It seems His Highness found the culprit.'

"In reply to Your Highness' question, yes, this minion was the last one to leave."
Xiao Yongzi replied very calmly, not hurriedly or slowly, not panicking at all, just calmly.
No matter whether it was a violent storm or the collapse of a mountain in front of him, he wouldn't be moved.

She had noticed him since the six servants had come in.
Unlike the other five, he was surprisingly calm and eye-catching.

"Where did you work as a errand before?"
Murong Ci asked slowly.
Since he was calm, then she would be calm as well, to see who had more patience.

"This minion worked as an errand in the Palace of Concubine Rong three years ago."
He answered truthfully.

Even if he hadn't answered or he had lied, His Royal Highness would have found out regardless.
The deployment of Palace staff was documented in the Internal Servant Bureau, and one could find it out at a glance.

She suddenly reprimanded:

"Say! Why did you murder Fan Xiao Wen?"

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 59 PART 2
.....................to be continued