"Ror?" Juniper furrowed her brow, "You good?"

"Lupin's an arsehole." Rory remarked grouchily, folding her arms.

"I don't know what happened, but I second that." Juniper snickered.

"And he has no bloody idea what he's talking about." Rory said haughtily, stacking her books on a the desk with force, "I mean he had the audacity to suggest-"

"Suggest what?"

"Nothing." Rory grumbled, "I don't want to talk about it. The point is Teddy's an arsehole and Potter is an idiot. They're a match made in heaven. You should tell them that."

Silently, Juniper wondered when the topic of her brother had been mentioned in the conversation, but decided to let it slide. She figured Rory was agitated enough as it was.

"Oh I do." Juniper grinned, getting up from the bed and joining Rory by the dresser. "Every day."

"Good." Rory giggled, shaking her head. It looked like her bad mood was starting to dissipate. She set her gaze on Juniper, eyes narrowing, "So where were you last night?"

Juniper shuffled nervously, "Er- I- didn't Viv tell you? I-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Rory rolled her eyes, folding her arms pointedly, "I heard the got in late slept over at the boys story."

"Well then-" Juniper started.

"The thing is, " Rory said, "We both know that's not what happened."

"It isn't?" Juniper squeaked, tone unnaturally high.

"Junie." Rory gave her a look, "Come on. I'm not thick. I also saw Teddy this morning and he's an even worse liar than you."

Her breath caught in the back of her throat, "You saw Teddy?" Her heartbeat quickened, eager to know what had happened, "How did he seem? Did he say anything about me? Was he-" Juniper stopped abruptly, her cheeks reddening when she'd realized what she'd done. She felt utterly stupid. She'd never been the type to go crazy over a boy, but something about Teddy was just different.

Rory smiled, eyes knowing.

Juniper groaned, "It's just- it's Teddy, you know? It's Teddy and he just- god he's just impossible. Impossible. And he makes me feel- impossible. And he's- he's-"

"A really good kisser." Rory bit her lip to keep from laughing, "Isn't he?"

"Yes!" Juniper sank down on the bed, moaning in anguish. "Such a good kisser. And I hate him so much"

"Oh babes." Rory patted her arm sympathetically, "So how fantastic was that first kiss? Honestly?"

"Honestly?" Juniper mulled, "It was only ok, I mean it wasn't-" She stopped, taking in the skeptical look Rory was giving her. "Fine!" She cried helplessly, flopping to her stomach, "It was everything! It was perfect and I can't stop thinking about it."

"But like how did he kiss you? Like- how?" Rory pressed, leaning in closer.

"Ugh." Juniper felt faint just thinking about it, "He just like- grabbed me and pulled me into him and just kissed me. Like really kissed me. And held me and- ugh!" She exclaimed, burying her face in the comforter, "I hate him!"

"No you don't."

"No I don't!" Juniper covered her face with her hands, "And I hate that I don't hate him."

"By the way, " Rory murmured, laying down beside Juniper, "Teddy looked really happy this morning." She slung an arm around Juniper's shoulder, "Wanna come down to the Great Hall with me? I bet there's waffles left."