Jeongguk knew better, running towards the main cabin, the captain’s cabin. But he was stopped by Jimin’s long tail crashing onto the planks in front of him and he stopped, turning around to face the siren. His face was stoic when he met Jimin’s enchanting eyes.

The siren giggled. He was still gorgeous, despite the blood around his mouth, despite the dead bodies surrounding him and despite the chaos he has created.

“I told you, as soon as the little prince leaves this ship, it is my free prey. I will only spare you and Taehyung. So tell me, Jeongguk, will you be ready to give everything up you worked so hard for? For him?”, Jimin asked Jeongguk, his head tilted to the side and eyeing Jeongguk with these sharp eyes of his, observing Jeongguk like a predator its prey.

Yet there was no hesitation for Jeongguk. “I would do anything for him”, he said and Jimin smiled, a wide terrific smile filled to the brim with sharp, death bringing teeth. “Then your ship is mine”, he grinned evilly, disappearing from the railing and falling back into the water to end his destruction.

But Jeongguk was not sad about it. Not when the only thing he needed to live, was Taehyung.

Said prince was inside the cabin with Hoseok when a large wooden plank came crashing through the ceiling, blocking the door. A huge hole was the creation of the falling plank which hasn’t been stopped by the wood. Water cascaded out of the opening, causing the two to stumble, just when Jeongguk reached the door.

He pulled it open, only to be met with the large wooden plank blocking the path. “Taehyung!“, he yelled, worry and panic rushing over him and he searched for something to free the way with, finding an abandoned sword on the ground.

“J-Jeongguk!“, he heard the scared, shaky voice of Taehyung yelling his name terrified. Relief rushed over the pirate, knowing Taehyung was alive. “Are you okay?! I’ll free the way for you, you have to get out of here! Jimin is sinking the ship!“, Jeongguk yelled while swinging the sword against the wood, cutting through the plank.

Hoseok pulled Taehyung up, helping the boy walk. Taehyung screamed when a sudden movement shook the ship, causing it to release a creak. The wood of the ship groaned under the sudden force and Taehyung screamed another time when they stumbled.

Jeongguk has created a hole, enough to crawl through and he was able to see Taehyung. And Hoseok helping him. There was no time to scream at Hoseok or kill him for touching the beautiful prince in his arms, because Jeongguk had to save them first to do so.

“Help him first!“, Hoseok yelled, pushing Taehyung forward and helping him through the opening while Jeongguk steadied the petit raven from the other side. Another shaking made the three tumble, wood creaked, and then Taehyung was in Jeongguk’s arms.

“J-Jeongguk! I was so scared”, Taehyung cried out, holding onto Jeongguk’s shirt and the captain shushed him gently before pulling him to the side. He saw Hoseok’s now sheet white face, fear in his eyes and Jeongguk stretched out his hand to his first Mate.

He understood, understood that Hoseok has been driven by desperate love and he forgave him for that. Hoseok was his friend, his best friend after all and Jeongguk did not want him to die.

“Hoseok! Take my hand!”, he yelled, just when a crash behind Hoseok grew loud: the back of the ship has been torn off and Hoseok screamed surprised, when his feet found nothing to stand onto. He latched onto Jeongguk’s arm pushed through the opening. The brunet groaned by the sudden weight but was determined to pull his friend away from the abyss.

“Jeongguk, look at me”, Hoseok said suddenly, Jeongguk breathing heavily from the force and effort to hold Hoseok. Yet he turned to look at his friend. And his eyes grew teary when he saw the soft smile on the face of the man hanging on his arm. Taehyung behind him tugged fearfully onto his shirt. “I did not violate him, Jeongguk”, Hoseok spoke softly.

He was slipping out of Jeongguk’s hold. “Forgive me please”, he said, the words this time directed at Taehyung who started to cry, not wanting the sailor to die. Hoseok didn’t do anything wrong, he realized his mistakes of being driven to obsession instead of love but he turned his back to this path.

“If I can’t have him, be with him, I don’t want to live on. I did horrible things to Taehyung, Jeongguk. I couldn’t live with the thought of him hating me. Forgive me, Captain for I have failed you”, Hoseok said and Jeongguk protested, screaming when he felt Hoseok’s grip around his hand loosening.

“HOSEOK NO!”, Jeongguk yelled. He tried grabbing Hoseok again but the wooden plank forbid more movements, forbid him to reach forward and grab his dear friend slipping out of his hold.

“NO! HOSEOK!“, the call was too late: Jeongguk had to watch helplessly how Hoseok closed his eyes when he fell. Fell down into the water where movement grew and a tail sneaked through the water.

Hoseok was gone. And he would not return.

~

Poor Hobi, but at the end, he was never meant to be the villain, he was just in love... but, did he deserve to die for his mistakes ?

Leave a comment for your author-nom what you think ♡

Elaboratae