Chapter 3- Somehow, I reached but...

"What the hell? It's 9:18 and I can't see any bus. How am I gonna get there now?" Anna started to worry. 

"I should call a cab." She took out her phone from her pocket and started looking for one. "This should reach here by 9:25 and then I will reach around… umm… 9:40. I am so late." She was about to book the cab.

  ***Tires squeal***

Anna looks up. A bus stopped in front of her. "Oh, is that?" she moves in front to check the number of the bus. "Yup. It's my bus." she jumped out with joy and quickly boarded the bus. 

"Finally" she breathed out in relief while taking her seat. Leaning her head against the window, she gradually got lost in her thoughts. 

The perfect first day in a perfect company, making perfect friends, having the perfect first impression, having the perfect conversations; Anna was quite busy imagining her perfect day. She kept on rehearsing all the things, all the conversations in her head. The train of her thoughts suddenly came to a halt when her belly growled. "Ahh, I am really hungry now." All of a sudden something jogged her memory. She took off her backpack from her shoulders and unzipped it. "It must be here." she mumbled while searching for something. "Awesome" her eyes grew to bug-size when she found her lunch. "I love you mom!" A small smile appeared on her face. 

     ----------------------

"Eventually,I reached here on time." Anna got down from the bus. "The map says it's a small walk from here. Hmm… Ok then." her feet automatically marched towards the destination.

After a few minutes walk, Anna was standing in front of a gigantic building. "Hmm. Let me check if this is the one or not." Lifting her head up she looks at the name on the building, 'AdFluent'. "Hurray! I am finally all set to start my day." her eyes wrinkled and lips curved to make a beautiful smile which highlighted her dimple on her right cheek. 

Taking a long deep breath, Anna sashayed towards the main entrance with a few heads turning around in admiration. A shiny olive-green, auto door was awaiting for her. As she reached, the door opened flawlessly and an ambrosial smell filled her nostrils spontaneously lifting her mood.

"That's a commendable welcome." She thought to herself.

Lifting the right leg to move forward she was about to continue the sashay when, "Excuse me ma'am" a deep, young-but-confident manly voice reached out to her. She turned to her side to see a young, perfectly fit, tall and nice looking security guard who was welcoming her with a melting smile. Anna was caught off-guard,"He is too cute to be a security man." she thought to herself. 

"Ma'am?" 

"....."

"Ma'am, is everything alright?" 

"....." 

"MA'AM, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" a concerned voice enquired making her to snap out of her thoughts. "Yeah, Um… I… Hello, I am Anna." she smiled from eye-to-eye. The concerned expressions on the man's face turned into a smile which broadened eventually. 

"Good morning ma'am. Welcome to AdFluent." 

"Pleasure is mine." 

"What?" 

"Nothing. I- umm. Thank you, I guess." She smiled awkwardly. 

"If you would tell me the purpose of your visit, then I can give you the correct pass which will allow you to enter into the premises." he said humbly. 

"I work here." She lifted her head proudly. 

"Ohh really? But I haven't seen you here before." he brooded. 

"Today is my first day of joining." She beamed at him. 

"I see. You won't be having an ID in that case. Can I see the appointment letter Ma'am?" He said with mild expressions on his face.  

"Sure" she nodded her head and took off her backpack from her shoulders. "Where is it?" she mumbled while searching in her folder. "Ahh, this is crazy." she lifted her left leg in the air to support the bag from bottom, enabling her other hand to also look for the document. 

"You may sit here and look for it Ma'am." he gestured towards a chair which was lying peacefully at the corner. "Thank you" she gave him a warm smile and raced to the chair. Placing the bag on the chair, she took out the folder and searched for the appointment letter. Her facial muscles twitched to form a quizzical expression. 

"Is everything fine Ma'am?" he again asked with concern. 

"Yeah" 

She pressed her eyes together tightly, "No". 

"I think I don't have my appointment letter with me at the moment." she replied, shamefaced. 

"I see" 

"But believe me, I have it. I am just dumb enough to forget it at home." 

"I can understand ma'am." 

"So...?" she asked with a straight face. 

"So?" he replied back all confused. 

"So can I go in now?" she was expecting a 'yes'. 

"I am sorry ma'am but I cannot let you in without the letter." He pulled out his poker face. 

"WHAT THE FUDGE!" Anna said to herself.

One after another, Anna is finding it difficult to reach on time. Catch-22 or The Tip of an Iceberg? Read the next chapter to find out. 

The security man is underrated. What do you think? Do tell me your views in the comments.