3

Maybe this was an absolutely horrible idea. There was nothing in the entire world that I wanted more then too just go home and be with Nate and my friends... the people I know love and care about me...

Even if one of them is an idiot with a singular brain cell floating in a vast space of empty ness and elevator music... he was still my idiot, and I missed him more then I'd like to admit. So, that night after I had gotten food and settled into my hotel, I decided too call that idiot.

I sat with my chin resting atop my hands on the desk, watching the phone ring and tapping my foot... pick up Nate... please... It rang for a little bit longer before it went too the 'facetime unavailable' screen, making me glare at my small glowing box. Before I could even decide too call him again, he called me back. I slid the answer slide over, smiling as I saw how excited he looked that I had called.

"Hi." I smiled.
"Hi my rose." He smiled back. "Are you all checked into your hotel?"
"Yep. Safe and sound."
"I'm very glad. I miss you."
"Wow you're clingy... i'm kidding, I miss you too."
"Hey I can't help it, I went from having you here all the time too nothing. I'm having Chase withdrawals."

"Maybe that's a sign we need sometime apart." I teased.
"Oh shut it. You're drive was okay today?" He asked and I nodded.
"It was fine. Just long and boring... I'm almost too my grandparents though... I was thinking about that today... Do you think they even know I exist?" I asked. "I just wonder. I don't remember my mom ever speaking of them too me, so why would she speak too them about me?"

"I... I don't know Chase that's a tough one..."

"I don't even know if she had any siblings... Maybe she ran away and never told anyone... If you were pregnant would you tell your metaphorical sibling you were pregnant before running away?"

"Babe..." He laughed softly. "You know... as a single child, I could not tell ya. Maybe Charlie can answer that. He doesn't talk too his brother as much now but they were pretty close for awhile."

"I always forget he has a brother... maybe I'll ask him if I get the chance."

"You should, he just left with Sage." Nate said, falling down onto his bed. "I wish you were here."

"I know. I'll be home before you know it." I smiled, tilting my head too see his smiling face staring back at me. With the comfort of Nate on FaceTime and the glorious watch party, we watched a movie together and soon enough Nate was out cold on the other end... I smiled down at my phone and put myself on mute, brining it into the bathroom with me so I could brush my teeth and make sure the phone didn't hang up on him.

The hours were slowly ticking by leading tomorrow, and leading to the confrontation too my grandparents... leading me one step closer to finding my mom.

I had so many questions for them... Did they know I even existed?... I wonder if they've met my dad... or if they'll even like me. So many questions that was just another couple steps away.

I think I had the most questions for my mom and dad though... really my mom. Like why did she leave like that? And leave me behind? Did she know how I was going to be treated when she left, did she even plan on coming back?

I don't know... Maybe i'll never understand... maybe they won't even know where she is.

I think for now though, I needed to go to bed. I put my toothbrush back into it's baggie before shutting off the bathroom light and crawling into bed, taking the phone with me. I plugged it into the charger and flipped the lamp off, taking one last look at Nate with a smile before hanging up, and sending him a text. I didn't want his phone battery to die on him in the middle of the night.

I put my phone down and got settled into the cold sheets of the hotel bed, starting to miss home just a little bit more.