What's Your Name; Chapter Two

A medium sized, busty woman with blue streaks in her blonde hair opens the door for Daisy. "Daisy! Hi, I'm Skye." She takes her hand, bringing her into the large house. "This is our home, I hope you like it."

Brian closes the door behind her, carrying her bag as if it weighs nothing. She hugs her purse close to her, wishing she could take out her bear. It's too big, though, she knows he'd hate it. A big house for just two people. They must be awfully lonely in here.

"Daisy, this is my wife, Skye. She's very eager to get to know you. Would it be okay if she showed you around?"

Though he sounds kind, Daisy hates the way they talk to her. Like she's a child still, not the fifteen year old she really is. She stands up a little bit straighter, taking pride in the fact that she's taller than Skye. She's short and busty, I wonder if they're even real. She seems to hyper and nice. No one is that hyper and nice. She's a fake.

"Please?" Skye asks. Though she's wearing bright pink lipstick, it works with her. Daisy gives her a small nod, taking her bag back from her father. "Okay...let's go. This is the living room, where we basically sit like zombies around the TV."

If a living room says anything about a person, and Daisy is sure it does, this one told that they didn't do much. There's a flat-screen TV on one wall, as well as a few game consoles, all clean and in place. A sturdy looking desk to one side, with a computer on it, and a swivel chair besides it. I wonder if they'll let me use that, or if it's Brian's office chair.

"Next is the dining room. Don't worry, we don't really use it, we eat in the kitchen. Here you can do your homework after school, or whatever you want, really. It's recreational." Skye seems to bounce as she walks, her voice going from medium to high every other word it feels. Daisy flinches at her loudness, but she hides it with a small smile. I wish she'd shut up and just take me to my room.

As if able to read her thoughts, Skye doesn't lead her into the kitchen. Instead she goes left, walking down a hallway. The hall is painted a different color here, blue instead of the white of the rest of the house. Blue like her hair? Five doors down is Daisy's bedroom, and Skye opens the door dramatically. "Here's your room! I didn't know if you were girly, neutral, or tom-boyish so I didn't really do anything with if. Move things around if you don't like them..."

She waits by the door as Daisy walks in, dropping her suitcase off next to a large brown dresser. Skye's face is filled by a smile, but by the way she taps her wrists against her hip Daisy knows she's nervous. Why is she nervous? She's gorgeous, I'm not her daughter, and this is her house. She shouldn't have anything to worry about. What's she waiting for?

"It's okay if you don't like it. Just...show me what you don't like, show me how to fix it, and I can make it good for you," she presses.

Daisy nods again, giving her a thumbs up.

Skye lets out a long breath of air, straightening up from where she'd started to lean against the door. Her entire body seems to brighten, "I'm so glad you like it! Sorry if I talk a lot, I do that when I first meet someone. It's okay if you don't want to say anything, I completely understand that. When...if you ever want to talk, I'm here. Do you like to write?"

Her dress slips a bit as Daisy shrugs, and she moves the white-and-black checkered sleeve back up. She motions a see-saw with one hand, not quite certain how she's supposed to respond. She honestly...just wants me to be happy? Who cares this much for someone they don't even know?

"Okay. Well, feel free to leave notes around the house if you want something to change, or just really want to say something." Pulling out a small notebook from her pocket, she hesitantly hands it to the girl. "This is pink, I didn't know if you'd mind. Or if you'd hate it. But...if you want to talk..."