Chapter 2

My mouth dropped open in shock. That was nothing like I was expecting. I  had just assumed it was something about how I shouldn't go back for eighth year. But this? It couldn't be possible.

She looked at me and said, "I know you're probably very confused right now, so let me explain. I was in love with Lucius Malfoy all through my years at Hogwarts." She lowered her head when I made a disgusted face at the older Malfoy's name. She continued on, "His family, of course, didn't agree with our relationship. He was best friends with Narcissa Black, and I was best friends with Edmond Weasley."

That confused me. I knew Dad had a brother, but it was basically an unspoken rule to never talk about him. Apparently he and Dad looked really similar to the point were his parents were often confused, that's were the twin gene came from for Fred and George. He had died right before I was born, so none of my brothers really got to know him.

Mum continued, "The war came along and I married Arthur, then we had our sons. I was so very in love. But I had once been in love with Lucius as well. He was forced into a marriage with Narcissa to please his parents. "

She took a deep breath. "After Arthur passed-"

  I stopped her dead in the middle of the sentence. "What do you mean 'passed'? He left the house this morning with everyone else." She must've gotten their names mixed up.

Mum looked at me with a sad face."He died a year before you were born. So I married Edmond to make people think Arthur was still alive. We convinced everyone that it was Edmond that had died."

  She finished with a sharp breath. I was shocked, why hadn't she told us this? What if I was the only one who didn't know? Just as I was coming to that conclusion Mum looked at me.

"You are the only one who knows. When the time is right I will tell them."

I gave her a confused look as I said, "Then why did you tell me?"

"Your father wants you to come live with him and Draco. Of course, I believe it's because you're being resorted for eighth year."

"Wait- my father? Wouldn't my father be Edmond? And why would I live with that ferret."

"I had hoped to find a way to be married to Lucius after Arthur had passed. We had gotten together for a meet up and we're getting ready to find somewhere to live together, when we discovered Narcissa was pregnant with Draco. We found out soon after, that I was pregnant with you."

  "So Malfoy is actually my brother, and the knock-off barbie is my dad? And now you just want me to go and live with the Malfoys?" I said with my voice as even as possible.

  "I want you to get to know your other half of the family as family- not as enemies."

  "When do you want me to go?" I was really wondering how much time I had with the Weasleys.

  "That was why I told you," she sighed. ", he wants you to move in now. As in tonight."

   My brain came to an immediate halt. "WHAT?"

   "Lucius wants you to stay for the summer so you can get to know him, Narcissa, and Draco. You'll go there for all holidays and breaks."

I couldn't focus. I had to leave tonight? What would my explanation for my brothers be? As if Mum had read my mind again, she answered my question.

  "I can't tell your brothers anything. You can't tell Hermione or Harry anything either."

   I understood the Hermione thing. While she was the brightest witch of her age, she could not keep a secret well.

   But Harry? He's my boyfriend. With many of the witches and wizards getting married now, for fear of a life cut short, he was the first person I thought about telling. Mum must've seen the look on my face be cause she sternly told me to pack.

  "You have to pack up whatever clothes and belongings you wish to bring with you. You can't tell any of your sibling or friends why you had to suddenly leave." She continued in with another breath.

   "If I must, I'll tell them an American Quidditch team wants to see how well you play, so you're visiting America for a bit. And since you'll be there all summer, I can say that you got caught up and have something important to do for the team."

   I understood why she wanted to keep it a secret. As the youngest and only girl, I had always felt like I didn't belong. That made me much more accepting of it than I should have been.

While I got along with Fred and George because of their pranks, I felt like I matched better with Charlie. I thought it was because we were both  adventurous, but maybe it was because he was hardly home. Always so far away.

" I'm okay with it Mum, I'll just go pack my stuff and get ready to go."

     After I had packed all the stuff that I wanted to bring, I was sitting at the doorstep ready to go.

   I looked at Mum to say goodbye, when I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. She snuffled into my shoulder and I squirmed a little.

   "I'm going to miss you Ginny. You were the only person in the house I could really relate to. You were my favorite daughter. You still are."

   My eyes started to tear up, she was hugging me like she had for my first train ride to Hogwarts. Even if her words sounded odd, I could hear the emotion in them.

  "I'm your only daughter, Mum."

She chuckled a bit and pulled back. Then she sucked in a deep breath and gave me one last piece of advice.

  "I know you have your differences with the Malfoys, but do try to get along. Make me proud." She smiled at me. "Off to Malfoy Manor you go."

   I turned away from her with a smile across my face, turned on the spot, and apparated outside the manor.

———--------——————---------——————-

Again, I'm so sry for the short chapter, I will try to make them at least 1,000 words in the future, I just thought this was a good place to leave you all until I post another chap