[The next full moon is] In Only Seven Days [or really actually one.]

Freddie hammered away at his piano

Freddie hammered away at his piano. A riff has been taunting his head ever since John left to go eat lunch with Brian and he can't seem it get it out. It had first come to him in his sleep and he played it originally upside down on his piano because he was too tired to sit up properly. Whatever it was, it found its home in the key of A# Major and nuzzled its way into Freddie's mental record player on repeat.

"You little bugger, you are going to be a hit one day, I just know it," Freddie murmured as the song danced through his house.

His front door opened and closed.

"Freddie!" John called.

"In the living room, my dear!" Freddie called back, "Playing on the piano."

John stepped into the room red in his face.

"My goodness, John. What happened? How was lunch?" Freddie asked.

The redness in John's face faded as he spoke, "Oh, yes, it went quite nice. Brian and I talked a bit and I think that he is starting to warm up to me."

The tea kettle started to screech in the kitchen. John winced at the sound.

"Wonderful! I knew that taking you in would either end terribly bad or terribly good with little in-between, but I had great faith in the latter," Freddie said as he walked over to take the kettle off of the stove. A risk that I felt so compelled to take, Freddie thought as he placed the kettle down on a rag cloth, I can't leave an abandoned puppy out in the rain, can I? And certainly not one as adorable as this. I'd never forgive myself.

Freddie poured himself a cuppa and blew on it. He silently offered it to John, but his flatmate declined.

"Freddie, you said that Brian and Roger were together," John stated as the redness in his cheeks returned, "Well, they are not, and I had to play stupid and innocent and pretend that I thought that they just lived together instead of being a couple."

Just as Freddie took a sip of tea, he laughed so hard that he launched the scorching drink out of his nose. The steaming tea burned every nook and cranny in his naval cavity before splattering out onto the tiled floor in front of him.

"FUCKING HELL!" Freddie screamed in pain as he squeezed his nose with one hand and fanned it with another, "That bloody hurt! Shit!"

John busted out laughing and held his stomach as he doubled over. "Are you alright?" He managed to ask between giggling fits.

Freddie answered in a nasal voice, "Does it look like I'm alright? Please tell me and use your eyes and maybe with your strong nose you can smell the boiled snot in my nose!"

John plopped down on the floor and continued giggling like a little kid. He didn't stop until he saw tears coming out of Freddie's eyes. He looked at Freddie quizzically.