The Room

the kitten's purr. Your head was rested on Legolas's warm chest. You would hear his heartbeat through his flannel shirt, and he was warm and soft. You lifted your head and looked down upon him, listening to his soft, rythemic breathing. Pushing his pale hair away from his face, you smiled and poked his cheek.

"Wake up, Legolas," you whisper. He groaned and stretched, rubbing his blue eyes.

"Morning, baby."

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Waffles," he said softly, his voice cracking with grogginess.

"Sound good. We should dress warm today, its quite chilly out." You looked of the window at the cold Saturday morning.

You took his hand and dragged him up, leading him to your room. You pushed him in the closet, complaining and whining about being too tired to get dressed.

"Oh shush!" You giggled through the closet door. He groaned and you heard him crashing around through the clothes hangers.

You began to prepare the waffles and fruit, humming softly. Legolas walked out in a black button down shirt and black dress pants, complete with dark shiny shoes and a white tie.

"Well! Don't you look nice," you said. Legolas smiled.

"Well, I suggest you dress up too. I have a surprise planned. Nothing fancy, just to look nice in general."

"Of course, Mr. Fashion Designer." You giggled. He playfully nudged you and sat down to eat.

"Thanks for this fabulous breakfast, sweetheart."

"My pleasure."

~~~~~~

You dressed in a white sweater and a cute black miniskirt, complete with a silver heart necklace and tall , black, lace up boots. You sat shotgun in the car, the official commander of the heat and music. You playfully tortured Legolas with classical music, but soon switched to his favorite: alternative rock. Parking in the middle of the city, Legolas opened your car door for you and took your hand, leading you down the street to a book store. At the counter there was a cashier, who seemed to know Legolas.

"Ah! Elrond! What a pleasure to find you here," Legolas said brightly, embracing the man. He had long, dark hair and pale skin, and he was very tall and slender. "Could you show this lovely lady and I here to the Room?"

"Of course, Legolas. What is her name?"

"(Y/n)."

"She is very beautiful. Anyways, let us go to the Room."

Elrond pulled out a brass key and pressed it into a knothole in the wooden walls. A tall painting swung away from the wall, revealing a door. You followed the men through it and into a dark hallway of stone.

Elrond bowed his head and let you and Legolas through into a small room. The room was filled with old dusty books and paintings on the wall.

"My father used to live here in this town, and when he was young, he owned this library. He created this room for kids to play in, but after he left when he met my late mother, the room was forgotten. Luckly, Elrond is an old friend of my father's and he still knows about this little place. He keeps it for me though." Legolas smiled and took your hand. "Do you like it?"

"Its lovely!" You sat on a small stool near the bookshelf. You picked up a dusty maroon book and opened it. Inside was strange lettering.

"I want you to look for page 16. This page could be in any of the books in this room. Just find page 16 and tell me when," Legolas said, grinning mischievously. He turned around and propped himself against a wall, closing his eyes for what seemed to be a quick nap. You shook your head, and began to take the old books off the shelves and checking each page 16.

Finally, a letter fell out of a blue leather bound book. You opened the envelope and smiled slowly as you read:

I love you more than the seashells love the sand

more than the sun loves the sky

I'll stay with you as long as I can

I truly hope you'll forever be mine.

I think you're perfect for me

I think I'm perfect for you

I hope this is the key

I hope you feel this way too

It hasn't been long,

but will you marry me?

You gasped and spun around to see Legolas behind you on one knee, holding a sparkling ring made of Black Hills rose gold. Set in it was a silver diamond, sparkling in the low light of the room. Legolas's cheeks were red but his eyes were bright and honest. You blushed and your eyes watered.

"Your eyes look dewy, my darling. You are just as beautiful even so!" Legolas whispered.

"I - I - Yes!" You cried, throwing your arms around him. He slipped the ring onto your finger and kissed you softly.