Adrian looked behind me his smile spreading looking even more fake by the second. “I don’t think you are the one who should be answering since it does not concern you Trevor.”

I heard Trevor hiss out. I tried not to flinch because I didn’t want him to think I was scared. I wanted to flinch because he had gotten so close to me without me noticing and the hiss was right into my ear. I could feel the anger rolling off him every passing second.

“It does concern me,” he replied tightly.

“It does not concern you. I do not wish to speak to you,” Adrian retorted.

The atmosphere was so thick I bet I was able to cut it with a knife. I bit my lip feeling uncomfortable with this whole ordeal.  “Oh for the love of god!” Candle walked towards Adrian looking quite angry herself. “Listen here Adrian, I don’t appreciate you trying to come all high and mighty trying to order us around, You might be the vampire prince, but as you should already know, we don’t give a flying fuck about that! Your dad respects and fear us for good reason, you should really follow his trail on that. You have not seen nothing on what we can do.”

I was just blinked at them. He was a vampire king? On what I have heard or seeing and read, vampire kings are the big things within them, isn’t it?

“As for it does or it doesn’t concern my brother on what you need to speak to Catalina the answer is, yes it does concern him. It concerns him and all of us. So let us know why you need to speak to her now!” she roared. I had never seen Candle so angry. It felt like everyone was angry today.

“My father wants to meet her,” Adrian said.

Jackson stepped up this time, placing himself in front of me, “Why does your father wish to meet Catalina? She is nothing special just a human.” I tried not to take offence on his words.

“I don’t know. He just told me to come and get her,” Adrian replied.

“Boy don’t try to pull us off as fools!” Roared John stepping in front of me as well as Candle and Austin. I felt arms grasp my forearms pulling me against a chest. I knew it was Trevor, his hold was tight but I felt the desperate need of calmness. I could feel his hands shaking, I knew he was trying to control his anger. How I knew this I didn’t know but something in me just knew it.

“Tell us now why does your father want to meet Catalina,” John asked once again.

“H-He seems interested in her. Everyone is.”

“Why?” asked Trevor.

“Because they want to know who is the human that has grabbed the Fier family’s attention. You guys are not known to mingle with human, yet here you are always around one. And the way you are holding onto her does interest even me,” he said eyeing Trevor’s hands that were around me.

I didn’t even know how to react to this.

“You tell your daddy that he is not going to get his desire in meeting Catalina, perhaps some other time when we feel like it because it does interest us to know what is big deal on us being around her, but also tell him if he tries a sneaky move we will find out and we will destroy him. We do not want him or any of his mongrels near Catalina or her friends. She is under our protection as well as anything that she loves,” said John.

Jackson chuckled, “And tell Frederick that I don’t think he wants to anger Trevor he out of all people know what happens when Trevor is angry.”

I didn’t know.

Adrian nodded, “I will hand down the message, though I don’t think he will be so happy with not being able to meet her right now, but I’m glad the old bat doesn’t always get what he wants.” He looked over towards Rachael, “See you around red head.”