I can do whatever I want II D.M

Harry had taken off with Buckbeak a couple of minutes ago now. Everyone started gravitating towards the trees and rocks taking a seat with their respective friend groups. I was alone by the edge of the forest reading the monster book of monsters. Although I had a couple of friends in my Slytherin house I much preferred to be alone most of the time. 

Although I was reading, every once in a while I would lift my head up and have a look around. One of those times I spotted Draco and his goons bullying Neville. I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I shut my book and walked towards the group.

"Leave him alone Malfoy," I asked politely stepping in between the three Slytherins and Neville. 

"I can do whatever I want Princess." He answered me with a cheeky grin on his face. 

I sighed and gave him a sarcastic grin. "hmmm, yeah you're right" I replied. I grabbed my book opened it and chucked it at Draco. Neville and I laughed as we watched the three Slytherins throw the book amongst each other trying to stay away from its teeth. 

"You can't do that! Get this bloody thing off of me!" Draco shouted desperately. 

"I can do whatever I want...Princess," I replied giving him the same cheeky grin he gave me. 

Finally, Draco was able to close the book and latch it. He got up and threw it at my feet while looking at me with a furious expression. I looked back at him unbothered as I bent down to pick up my book before turning back and walking back to the rock I was previously sitting on. 

Harry arrived shortly after. 

____

We were now in potions class. This wasn't my strongest subject but I managed to get through fine nonetheless. We were learning how to brew the shrinking solution, I was following the instructions accordingly. We had just 1 minute left to finish before Snape would come to check on our results. I was feeling confident about my solution when out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco waving his wand causing me to pour in more Cowbane Wormwood than I should have. 

Now instead of it being bright green like it was supposed to it was turning red quickly. Draco was wearing an evil smirk but before I could scold him Snape was by my side and ready to check my potion. 

"And what trash have you created now Miss y/l/n." Snape started

"I didn't-" I tried to explain. 

 "The slightest error and this solution can be poisonous." Snape continued

"But I-" I tried to speak. 

"Preposterous." he finished.

I turned to stare at Malfoy who was laughing at the situation he had put me in. 

____

Now we had Defense against the dark arts, we were practicing hexes today.

"Now I want you all to get into pairs...boy, girl please and practice a hex you know. Doesn't have to be a big one, just a simple hex." Lupin instructed. 

Everyone looked around and started pairing up, Draco and I ended up being the only ones left so we paired up. "Brilliant." Malfoy scoffed. 

I gave a slight smirk knowing this was my time to get back at him. 

"Ok, wands at the ready...go!" Lupin shouted. 

I waved my wand and in seconds all of Draco's hair was gone. I started laughing as did everyone else around us. 

Draco started grabbing his head desperately looking terrified. "What the-" He shouted. 

"The instant scalping hex, very clever Miss y/l/n." Lupin smiled at me. 

Draco eyed me angrily. "You'll pay for this." He threatened me. 

I shrugged and continued laughing. 

_____

I was outside reading by the lake when I heard footsteps coming behind me. I turned around to see Malfoy walking up to me angrily with only half of his hair back. I stifled a laugh. 

"What do you want?" I asked calmly bringing my eyes back to the book. 

He grabbed my arm aggressively and pulled me up. My back hit the tree. "Why do you do that?" He asked me angrily. 

"Do what? What are you talking about?" I asked him annoyed trying to pry myself off his grip. 

"No one ever talks back to me or thinks about even messing with me, so why do you do it?" he asked me. I could see he was genuinely confused. 

"I'm not scared of you Draco if that's what you want to know," I answered him. 

"Why? I'm mean to everyone, I bully people, I mean I literally pick on everyone, I'm a terrible person, everyone hates me! I mean you'd have to be absolutely crazy to even think of trying -" He let go of me and was now waving his hands around. He was more so talking to himself than to me. 

I suddenly felt a strange urge. I stepped up to him and kissed him. I could feel him relax. I pulled away and we simply stared at each other for a couple of seconds. I saw him look down at my lips again. 

"You can't just do that?" He whispered. 

"I can do whatever I want," I replied before he stepped forward and crashed his lips into mine this time.