Fifty Nine - Whisper

Start from the beginning

Emerging from the tunnel and making their way down the ladder was; Fred and George, eagerly running to Ron; a blonde girl who was clasping the hand of a man with ginger hair and a scarred face; a man I recognised to be Remus Lupin (my third year defence against the dark arts teacher); a woman with purple hair; a tall man who worked for the ministry, I knew him to be named Kingsley Shacklebolt; Aberforth Dumbledore, the man I had just met; and a man and woman holding hands, who I assumed to be Ron's parents from their similar looks and the fact that the woman was planting a kiss on Ron's cheek - the order of the phoenix

I saw Fred whisper something to Ron and glance over at me before Ron whispered something back. He made his way over to me.

"Fred" I said to him.

"Hi there" he replied with a smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug startling him slightly - seeing him reminded me of the days before the overtaking of the school.

"Wow ok" he laughed hugging me back.

"How's business?" I said sarcastically with a laugh. He laughed back with me.

"It's good to see you" he smiled.

"You too" I replied to him.

I briefly smiled at everyone and shook some hands as Ron and Hermione hugged each of them - it was clear they hadn't spoken in a long while

"What the plan then?" The purple haired woman asked Hermione after everyone had greeted each other.

"Snape knows Harry is here" she replied.

"Where is he?" Said Remus.

"He went to the hall" Ron replied.

"Is he mad?" Said Fred.

"Come on then!" Said George taking a few steps forward.

"Hold on" said Kingsley putting his arm out in front of George.

"Kingsley there isn't time. If Snape finds Harry he is done for" Remus said.

Kingsley looked towards Remus, him nodding as if to say to trust him.

"Is everyone in the hall?" Said Ron's father.

"As far as we know yes" I replied.

"Let's go." Said George.

...

There was no one in the corridors - all of them gathered in the great hall with Snape. We walked hurriedly, each of us with our wands held tightly and hoping Harry had not been spotted.

The walk to the hall wasn't a long one, we reached the doors within a few minutes.

As we approached the door to the hall that was shit tight, Tonks whispered loudly

"We can't just run in there"

"Yes we can" Kingsley replied. "They can't fight all of us"

We stopped momentarily at the doors, everyone looking at each other for a final time and tightening their grips on their wands - I was stood in between Ron and the man with the scarred face. Kingsley pushed open the two large wooden doors, a large gasp filling our ears.

Behind the doors was Snape stood in the middle of the room, four square groups of students around him. There were several death eaters stationed at the front of the room and stood further down the room in front of Snape. Snape scanned the group - he was no more shocked to see me than any of the other members.

"How dare you stand were he stood" Harry said back to Snape, a wave of fury in his voice after looking towards us. "Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye. A man who trusted you. And killed him. Tell them!"

Snape drew his wand. A gasp was let out from all students in the hall, all members of the order and myself drawing our wands too, threatening Snape.

Professor McGonagal stepped out in front of Potter, her hand too outstretched clutching her wand. The student in the hall scattered to the sides, the two professors ready to duel in the space they had revealed.

Snape looked between Harry, McGonagal and the order. He kept his stance.

McGonagal shot a non verbal spell in the direction of  Snape, him into just managing to disarm the flame that shot towards him. McGonagal shot out another spell, Snape deflecting that one too. She shot out several non verbal spells, quicker and quicker, Snape deflecting each one.

With one final spell from McGonagal deflected, Snape seemed to wrap himself in a thick black smoke that stretched him and hid his face, him rising off the ground before shooting through the glass window that lay at the end of the hall, shards of glass landing next to the death eaters - they were unconscious on the floor, I can only assume from being hit by the spells that Snape deflected.

A loud cheer emerged from the students, people from all houses applauding McGonagal and cheering - Snape was finally gone.

With a non verbal spell, McGonagal sent a shot around the room, fires on the wall igniting as it did, the room instantly getting warmer and brighter, and for a moment it seemed like the great hall was back to normal as it once was. But only for a moment.

A loud whisper arose from the cheers. I thought it must have just been me, but the applause grew quiet showing that everyone had heard it.

The ear piercing sound of a scream from the far end of the hall startled everyone, all students looking towards the source of the scream that I couldn't see for the crowd. The scream continued - I looked towards Hermione who was stood near me but she was just as confused as I was.

A similar scream came from another part of the room - people looking towards the girl who produced it, she was sat in the floor, her hands over her ears and eyes screwed shut.

The voice was only a whisper but it was so loud I could hear nothing else, not even the screams. It sounded more like a hiss than the voice of a human.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

...