Chapter 3 (Past)

"Hey Mags, are you okay now?" Clane said quietly as Maggie slowly helped herself to a cup of herbal tea beside her temporary hospital bed.

"No." Maggie said in a guarded voice waiting for the unexpected. Her eyes scanned the whole room before setting her eyes on Clane.

"I'm really sorry about the prank I pulled on you. I wasn't really thinking. I was just mad because I tried talking to you but you always push me away even though I was just being friendly." Clane talked fast and didn't even realize that Maggie couldn't understand him.

"I'm sorry too because I don't speak or know the language that you just spoke. Can you speak in English please?" Maggie sarcastically said putting down the cup onto the table. "You talk fast Clane when you're embarrassed of what you did. And I don't forgive people that easily. As a matter of fact, as we're speaking right now, I'm thinking on how I should get back on you."

Clane flinched a little bit and Maggie saw a sign of weakness, an opportunity to attack while Clane was unguarded. Maggie remembered that the hospital's crash cart was right beside the visitor's chair. She slowly got out of the bed while Clane was pacing back and forth near the window.

Maggie heard a rumor once that Clane is allergic to needles and to Lidocaine. I got you now Clane, Maggie thought evilly. She remembered that on the top drawer of the crash cart are the doses of Lidocaine and the syringes are located on the 6th drawer. Maggie put on gloves and started filling the syringe with 2grams of Lidocaine, tapped the needle twice and started going towards Clane.

"Maybe we could start this whole thing over-- " Clane started to say when he felt a searing pain on his heart. Clane started to clutch his throat with both hands screaming softly for help. "You know, trying to sneak up on someone without him/her noticing you is a hard job to do." Maggie said proudly. "And I know what the Lidocaine will do to your heart Clane. It will stop pumping after 5minutes. After that, I will go and sit on the bed screaming for help because suddenly you just died of a heart attack. Oh, I promise I won't forget to hide all the murder weapons including the gloves and I don't know what to do with the Lidocaine traces that will soon be found in your autopsy."

After 5minutes, Clane stopped breathing and Maggie continued on with the plan. The nurses declared Clane dead as soon as they got there. And as for Maggie, she got out of the crime scene clean with no accusations whatsoever.

When Maggie got home, she can't stop thinking on how she just killed someone innocent feeling nothing but success.