Stace gives him a brief smile. "Hello Leven."

"Uh, hi," he mutters, gaze fluttering between me and Stace, trying to figure out why he's here. I know Lev's seen him before, but I never think any mortal could get used to see someone who looks like him in outside of a mystical book.

"How about next time, wait until I invite you in," I growl lowly, closing the bedroom door behind me. "And don't talk to Lev."
1
Stace wanders around the room, looking it over with a sweeping gaze.

"Are you always so protective over your friends, or just Lev?" he asks, raising a questioning brow at me. I know he isn't asking that because he cares or has any interest. He's asking to tease me, to make me uncomfortable, clearly seeing the tension that is going on between Lev and I despite there being nothing to suggest that at all.

"What do you want?" I question, folding my arms over my chest, standing with my back against the door in case Lev decides he wants to try come in here. "Is this about Cian?"

"No Amolet, I'm here to seduce you," he says flatly, motioning to the bed. I narrow my eyes, knowing he's messing with me, which seems to be an endless game of his, that I still haven't figured out. "Yes, it's about Cian."

I swallow, my throat suddenly dry.

"I haven't seen him in weeks. He just disappeared after..." I break off, looking up at Stace warily.

He narrows his eyes. "After?"

"After I told him I knew about what he did to Alpha Noah's mate," I admit meekly. There's no point lying to him and pretending Cian has disappeared for no reason. I still want to help Noah, even if I'm skeptical about whether Cian actually killed Abella or not. What Stace has to do with any of this, I'm still not sure.

Stace closes his eyes for a long moment, threading his hand through his thick, dark curls. I watch his expression contort into mild frustration before it vanishes, and he focuses on me again.

"Tell me you're not that foolish," he mutters, almost sounding close to begging. He already knows the answer to that...

"It just...came out," I admit pathetically.

"Great, now he's run off and we will likely not see him for a couple decades," he exasperates, throwing his hands up. I wince, knowing I've made a bad mistake that I wish more than anything that I could take back. "By that time you'll be...well, dead."

I grit my teeth, irritated by the look he is giving me. He's clearly immortal or something close to it if he is looking down at me for living such a short life. It's obvious he already finds me incapable after telling Cian that I think he killed Noah's mate.

"I'm sorry, it just came out," I repeat, wishing I could disappear out of this room right now. "He seemed so sure it wasn't him who hurt her."

I don't know how to explain it...It just didn't feel like a lie.

"He's going to say anything to not come across guilty," Stace reminds me, almost like he can read my mind, or maybe my doubt is plastered obviously across my face.

"Why though? He doesn't care about me enough to lie to me like that...To act so genuinely shocked," I exclaim. The only reason Cian would lie to me is if he already is aware that I'm working with Stace and Noah, which I'm almost certain he doesn't. If he does, I doubt he would have hesitated to come kill me himself.

Stace looks off out the window as if Cian may be standing atop a nearby roof. "I may know where he has run off to."

"The Immortal realm?" I ask, my throat dry.