𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏𝟑𝟗𝟕

^ 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬. ;-; ^

Also, I would recommend listening to the song Cradles (By Sub Urban) while reading this chapter. I find it really brings out the story.

»»————- ★ ————-««

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 of birds filled his ears, as he groggily tried to bury his head in his pillow. Except the pillow felt a bit weird. It felt like hay was scratching his face, as sniffing could be heard.

Confusion rippled through Y/n as he slowly opened his y/e/c eyes, only to be met with a pair of dark brown eyes, and a muzzle pushed against him. Swiftly sitting up and backing away, he saw a woolly sheep, staring at him confusingly before munching on some grass.

Had he fallen asleep outside?

Standing up and inspecting his surroundings, the boy recognized the warm environment of one of his favorite places to go. He fell asleep close to the special tree, which he spent most of his days leaning against and reading some books, or admiring the view. It was truly an amazing view, showing off perfectly green grass with a few patches of flowers. Not a lot of people visited this area despite it being pretty close to L'manberg, resulting in animals coming here often, mostly just to eat. He'd try to befriend them, but most of them got top scared and ran off. That didn't make them stop coming, surprisingly. The tree was by far, the most amazing of all. It was an old oak tree, with earthy large leaves, able to fill caterpillars without it looking ruined. Loads of bugs came upon it, usually to feast or to hang out with friends.

At least that's what Y/n thought.

Realization dawned upon him, as he remembered this wonderful place being destroyed. TNT flew at it, even though it wasn't a targeted area. Fire bloomed into it, burning the old oak down, as well as the few animals who lived in it. He also remembered that this was no longer L'manberg, but Manberg. The name that left a bitter taste in his mouth, once he had pronounced it. Y/n also recollected one of the most recent events. One that really, caused Manberg to go down hill. One that left shock, hurt, and betrayal behind. And no, I'm not talking about Eret. The memory who damaged the country, as well as many people in it mentally and physically. Especially for a a few people. The 'accident' that resulted in the death of a once beloved person. A painful memory, that was.

Suddenly, it seemed as if the boy's vision seemed to be glitching. Every time he blinked, he no longer saw the peaceful s̶u̶r̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ memory of the tree. He saw the disturbing scene, of it being burned to flames, visible holes in the ground. A few dead animals flourishing it's once beautiful floor. Y/n wanted to do something. Anything. Maybe it was yelling for help. Maybe it was rushing to his base and getting a bucket. But he couldn't. His mouth and feet were glued to the ashy grass. The foul scent of smoke made it's way into her nose, as he tried to blink the sight away. But it hadn't worked completely. It was like he was in the middle of two borders. One of the past, and one of the present. His vision kept glitching, showing the two scenes every time he blinked.

Y/n once tried to keep his eyes opened when he was looking at the untouched environment. It worked for the most part. That is, until his eyes stung horribly, and tears were clouding his sight. Blinking, he freed tears, as he was now met with the painful scene. The boy tried to bring back the peaceful image, his y/h/l y/h/c flying in the violent wind, making the fire spread even more. But he was unsuccessful. The burning scene stayed in his view, as more and more warm tears escaped his blurry eyes. Smoke filled his system, making his cough, the smell of barbecued pig was not exactly helping. Y/n continued coughing his lungs out, almost like how Schlatt had done. He knew he couldn't continue any longing, unable to cover his mouth or do anything, but slowly die away. How nice.