Topper- My Ex's best friend

this is based on My ex's best friend by machine gun Kelly

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What happens when you fall in love with your ex's bestfriend? let me fill you in.

So to start this I have to give you a little backstory..... Me and Rafe used to date. We were both head over heels in love but then he started drugs and partying more and drinking ,he became distant. Don't get me wrong Rafe is a some what good guy but when he chose the cocaine over me, that's when i knew that we were not going to work. Now you may be wondering......... how did you fall for his best friend? I think my heart always belonged to Topper, whenever i went to rafes i would always want topper to be there.

A lot of people think he is a stuck up rich bastard, but he is much more. There is a side of him that i only get to see. Not even Sarah has seen it, He really cares about the people he loves. Despite what many people think he is all bark no bite, unless someone makes the first move. Lets begin,

Ayy
You know my ex, so that makes it all feel complicated, yeah
(It all seems complicated)
I read those texts that you sent to yours
But I'll never say it, yeah
(I'll never say-)

There was only one problem with me dating topper and that is Rafe, He was not supportive whatsoever, i had read dozen texts from him and topper and lets just say rafe didn't hold back. 

You walked in my life at 2:00 a.m.
'Cause my boy's new girl is your best friend
Act like you don't see me, we'll play pretend
Your eyes already told me what you never said

Topper just kind of walked into my life, i have known him for 3 years but i don't really know how he even knew me he just kind of did. When Rafe started texting him and threatening him, he would pretend to not know me, I'm not gonna lie it hurt but i knew why he did it. His eyes would always say words that his mouth could not.

Now we're in the back seat of the black car going home
When she asked me, "Is it wrong if I come up with you?"
We're both drunk on the elevator
When I kissed you for the first time in New York City, uh

I still remember our first kiss, we were both super drunk but sober at the same time. I asked if i could stay at his place since i was to drunk to drive home, he obviously said yes. We kissed on our way up to his room, it may not have been anything extremely romantic but i would not have wanted it any other way.

I swear to God, I never fall in love
Then you showed up, and I can't get enough of it
I swear to God, I never fall in love
I never fall in love, but I can't get enough of it

I don't think i ever really loved rafe, but with topper its just different. I love him and i told him, to say he was happy may be an understatement he was like a whole different person. I could never get enough of the love he gave me, it is like a drug. I cant get enough of it.

First off, I'm not sorry
I won't apologize to nobody
You play like I'm invisible
Girl, don't act like you ain't saw me

I was so tired mentally and physically, Rafe wouldn't get off my ass (no pun intended). He was practically begging for me to apologize which was not going to happen, i was not sorry. I was avoiding him, making him feel invisible, that is how i was going to make him mad.

Last year was a mess, and how I acted was beyond me
But the past still revolves me
You text me, I ain't responding
But now shit's done changed
Go our separate ways

But look at this damage you did to me
I still want nothing to do between you and me
Please, don't say nothing at all
Sounds so true to me
We don't have nothing to say, hey

Rafe ended up apologizing for being so shitty to topper and me, i think he realized that i wanted nothing to do with him in a romantic way any more. Topper and I were happy.

A/N: Its been a while since i posted but this is honestly so bad, I honestly need some requests i have had absolutely no ideas so that means i have had no motivation. I was SO sunburnt and sore last week since i surfed last weekend so that was partially the reason i have not been super active. Also thank you for 14k!! 

Edited ✅