Lovesick | Yandere! Rivals x Ayato

yandere rivals x ayato

dead dove: do not eat; contains confinement and open ending up for interpretation.
theres no nurse, occult leader and hanakō.

forgive me for being late. i forget this exists.

•---•

They seem close, Ayato observed, bored eyes gazing from behind the tree. Too close, for his liking. Taeko was comfortable and cheery around her one and only childhood friend, and goddamn he'd be lying if he said that he wasn't jealous at all.

Ayato carefully came out of his hiding spot, not drawing any unwarranted attentions. His face remained stoic despite the one or two stares he got, brushed over all the leaves off his shirt and proceeded to follow the two childhood friends from afar.

Orange-haired guy. Acted really, really mean but actually quite the softie. Despite his harsh words to Taeko, he rarely crosses the line and cares for her deeply. Something that... Ayato's not sure if he can pull off.

Does he like her? A reasonable question seeing that he stalked her basically to everywhere but if Ayato had to answer, he didn't know. Like? Distaste? Probably-- it was an electric static, something that he never felt before.

For now he'll assume that this feeling is the so-called 'love' and follow her first.

---

Taeko's circle was large, to say the least. And everyone who's close to her is a guy for some reasons. And everyone seemed to look at her with the same tender expression. Except for that one substitute teacher. His gaze was just unadulterated lust.

She is really cherished, huh? he lamented, sigh escaped soft from his mouth. I̶'̶m̶ ̶j̶e̶a̶l̶o̶u̶s̶. No, stop, that's stupid, don't you like her? Ayato clapped his cheeks, stunned in his sudden realisation that ah- "I don't like her."

"It's just jealousy."

He wanted to be loved too.

---

After two weeks he stopped following her. He felt nothing but envy everytime he saw her, always smiling, blissful while he just can't. He wasn't programmed that way.

"...you're not paying attention." A voice took him off from his thoughts. Oh, it's that shitty teacher. What's his name again? He can't remember.

"I'm sorry, sensei," Ayato faked a smile. It looked so hollow though but that's the best he can manage. "I promise I'll pay more attention to your class." Empty words, all just empty, deprived of any sincerity. Nobody will realise so it's fine.

The teacher remained silent. "I'll let you go this time. If you do this again, I'll punish you." His husky and playful voice earned some squeals from some students- his fangirls. Ayato just nodded, didn't care at all.

The lesson ended like always. Though the teacher looked at him with some sort of interest, not quite like how he used to look at Yamada-senpai but close enough. He played ignorant, unwelcoming. Sooner or later he'll get bored.

---

So suddenly he got called to the student council room. This is a first, but why? He played a rule-abiding student good enough.

Silver hair and eyes, sharp features. He's close to senpai too. "I've recieved a report that you have been following a student for the past three weeks." Straight to the point, huh?