12|🛹

Reki sat on his bed and gripped his phone as tightly as he could. It's only been 5 minutes since Langa has left but he was going to sit there and wait for a text. It shouldn't take long for him to get home so once a few more minutes past Reki was getting more and more anxious.

He tried calming himself down by watching Tv or trying to go to sleep but nothing worked. "He's probably tired or he forgot!" He convinced himself. He stared at his screen for a solid 2 minutes before even blinking. He sighed and set his phone on his desk only for it to vibrate seconds later. He gasped and quickly took his phone.

Group chat
See notification

"Damn it. I need to learn to put them on silence"

He tossed his phone back onto the desk and headed to sleep.

-

"Hey do you know how to get to the sea side bar?"

A black car pulled to the side of the road, asking Langa for directions. He hasn't been in Japan for that long, nor does he know where a bar would be other than Joes. Silently, Langa shook his head and continued walking.

"Cmon, you live around here you should know." The man who recently asked the question, stepped out of the car and crossed his arms. Langa stopped and looked the man in the eye. "I said I don't know. I'm not even old enough to drink." He pointed out, grabbing his phone out of his pocket, just in case.

The large man made his way towards Langa, grabbing the collar of his shirt and lifting him a few inches of the ground. "Look, Boy, I didn't ask for back talk. Tell me where the bar is or else." A grim smile spread across the guys face.

He already smelled like booze along with the heavy smell of weed. It made it hard for Langa to breathe.

"Put me down," he grabbed the man's wrist. "I said I don't know where one is. Ask somebody else or use your damn phone." Langa tried staying calm in a situation like this but it didn't work out so well.

A few other men stepped out of the car and pulled him into a alleyway just a block from where they were just at. Before Langa knew it the 4 large men were circled around him and kicking him, continuing to ask the question Langa swore he didn't know the answer too.

Minutes passed of just kicking and yelling in the dark secluded area. He had lost his phone back when he was threatened, he couldn't call anyone. Think Langa think

Langa was on the ground holding his stomach trying to think of a way to make them stop. Then he realized he could've just given them a fake address. He weakly sat up as they continued to poke at him. "I remember now.." he muttered. "What? Gonna tell us now?"

He then went on to tell them the directions to a cafe that he had went to with Reki to find a job. It was far enough away, plus next to a beach.

It took minutes of convincing for them to leave Langa in the alleyway. He sat there, breathing heavily and barely able to move. His stomach hurt and his legs were shaky. Cmon get up, this isn't as bad as snowboarding injures.  Langa used the wall behind him to regain his balance. He wiped his busted lip and moved some hair out of his face as he tried looking around for his phone using only the dim yellow light from the streetlights.

Langa frantically searched for his phone on the sidewalk, thinking the men had taken it from him. Turns out it was thrown into a trash can and Langa had to dig it out.

"Are people always like this is japan.." he mumbled to himself as he tried his best to make it home. He didn't want to worry his mom and ask her to pick him up. She was sleeping and needed the sleep. The last thing he wanted to do was to worry his special red head, who was already anxious to begin with.