"Mr. Roberts! Stand, come here" He shouted. He walked over to his desk and pulled out a cane from his drawers. I gulped as I watched him walk to me. 

"Hold your hand out, please" He hissed. I mustered all of my courage and held my left hand out for him to take. He then held his cane properly and lifted it down. With much more force than necessary, he brought it down onto my palms. It made a loud whipping sound as it traveled through the air. Finally it hit my palm with a high pitched smack. Everyone in the class flinched or looked away. But I showed no reaction. I felt the pain spread through my arm like a wild fire, but I gathered everything I had not to give him the satisfaction of seeing my pain. I stared at my red palms and slowly brought my eyes to meet his. He stared down at me, breathing heavily. Finally, when the pain was bearable, I looked him in the eye.

"That didn't even hurt" I said, forcing my lips into a smirk. 

"Well then, hold your hand out again, please. We will do it until you learn your lesson not to disrespect me" He said. I glared at him, and pulled my hand back infront of me. 

SNAP! SNAP !SNAP !SNAP! SNAP!

5 times he brought down the cane, with more force each time. I closed my eyes and and tried not to show any reaction in my face. I seemed to be successful because when I opened my eyes, he was staring at me in fury. I took in a deep breath and smirked. 

"that was a little better" I breathed out, not raising my brows a little at him. 

"Sit down, Mr. Roberts. Unless you want another whipping" He hissed. I nodded curtly and sat back in my seat. I stared at my left had. There were 6 white lines and red surrounding it. The 6 whip marks that Mr. Phillips left. It burned. Like I stuck my hand into smouldering hot iron. During lunch I sat by the stream, cooling it off as I ate my lunch. 

"Are you alright, Tommy?" Diana ran up to me, using my 'boy name' because we were so close to the school. 

"huh, this? Yeah it's fine, I'm just hurrying the healing process up" I snorted, putting my hand back into the water. They looked relieved and started up their own conversation. After school was over, they rushed me home wanting me to get my hands bandaged up. I giggled at their worry and assured them that I was fine. My mom fretted over me but I assured her too that it was only a scratch. She put ointment onto my hand, causing me to hiss at the sting. She then wrapped my hand in a bandage. I took a bath. When I got out, I looked at myself in the mirror. I grew strong because of all the male work I had to do. My stomach hardened and my arms started gaining more more muscle, but I still looked very feminine. My curves started becoming more and more prominent as the weeks went by. I was concerned on how to keep myself a secret during the summer. I sighed. 

"I guess I'll just tell them before the summer" i said to myself. I dried up and changed into my night wear. I got into bed and went to sleep to the feeling of a throbbing pain in my left hand. 

Time Skip:

I woke up and took the covers off me, only to hiss at the dull pain that shot through my hand. I looked at my left hand and saw it wrapped in bandages. Oh right. I was caned yesterday. I sighed and put my blouse, suspenders, sweater and jacket on, ignoring the constant pain shooting through my arm. I sighed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I unwrapped my bandage and threw it into the sink, meaning to wash it later. 

"Why are you taking it off, honey?" my dad asked confused. 

"It proves to Mr. Phillips that it hurt. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction" I said strutting through the house. Charlotte handed me my school supplies as my mom handed me my lunch which I stuffed into my schoolbag. I put my boots, scarf and hat on as I walked to the door.