Prologue

[-Her name is Y/N-]

"Please! Promise me that she will live well here!"

" I promise you that all children are treated well here until they find a family"

A woman in an old, dirty and worn kimono holds her just-born baby in an old towel. The girl is sleeping peacefully in her mother's arms. M/N crying as she looks down at her calm looking daughter.
'I'm sorry baby, but you deserve a better life'

She finally did what she thought was right.
She gave her first daughter to the hands of strangers.

"It breaks my heart to see a mother giving her baby away like this..."
"...But I'm sure you have your reason"

"I'll go now...I don't want to bother you anymore"

M/N turned on her heel and started walking away. She felt that she forgot something...

"And one more thing..."

"Hm? Yes?"

"Please call her Y/N... That's her name"

The woman looked at M/N with a warm smile.

"Of course"

⎯⎯

"Wake up, you worthless fools!"

Yes ... This is the same woman who told M/N eight years ago that her daughter would live happily. Funny how people can get terribly wrong.

The house that everyone in the village calls an orphanage is only until the age of five for each child. After the fifth birthday, the 'nice lady' takes the baby to the 'farm'. This is the place where all children are tortured until they are fifteen. Then they are taken away somewhere, but nobody knows where because they never returned.
Children usually end up in an orphanage with illnesses, strange looks or because of a family that has no money to care for them.

Today there will be a delivery of children to the 'farm'.

...

Fifteen new children have arrived.

Then YN met Takuya.
A boy who was three years younger than she was. They became friends immediately.

...

The next three years have passed and there was another delivery, as every year.

Then Y/N and Takuya met Kenjirō, Keiichirō, Kōichi and Kumiko.
The three boys were biological brothers and are in an orphanage because their parents cannot afford to raise them. Kumiko was not their sister. She was the youngest and the weakest. She was given up by being blind.

...

He next two years passed just like any other.
Everyone thought it was going to be another year of torture. And they weren't too wrong, but is it going to be the same year as usual?

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

『ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ』

ꕥ•―〖Notice〗―•ꕥ

↳Hello! Thank you so so much for reading the prologue! Hope you will want to stay here longer and follow the story of Y/N! Thanks again and have a nice day!
- Thebestpigeon

Word counter |459