Chapter 10- The Creepy Stalker

Start from the beginning

"Oh, ho Love don't shout at me.", the voice was serious this time. "I'm already very angry with you, and I'm coming to meet you tomorrow, don't you deny the invitation to Mali's party, we don't want Neela maa to learn about her condition, now do we?"

"H-How do you know about Maa's health condition?"

"I know everything love, every single thing. As much as I want to talk to you more I've to go.", the voice was calm but it changed into a dangerous warning the very next moment." Don't go near to any other man, got it, love.", and with this, the call ended.

O My stars, how did I land myself in this problem. What if that psycho did anything to maa. Tears threatened to spill off my eyes but once again they didn't fell. I've to do something.

Ping!

A new message?

"Don't go to the police, it won't earn you anything besides you'll lose your sweet mother instead. Take care love, I'll see you tomorrow at Mali's party."

Who the hell is Mali now?

"Ugh", I pulled my hair in frustration. What do I do now?

The doorbell rang bringing me back to the earth.

"Avni ?"

Maa.

"Yes Maa."

I opened the door and there stood my beautiful gorgeous maa.

"Maa are you okay, has anything suspicious happened?", I asked but regretted doing it immediately. Maa looked at me sceptically.

"of course I'm fine child, what would happen to me?"

"Nothing. Come in."

I pulled her inside the house and locked the door.

_____________________

"Maa I'm going.", I yelled at her. Today early morning I got a message that I've got a job at a coffee shop, at least it'd do a little for the medical bills. 10-5 day shift hai and 5-7 Khanna mansion. All sorted.

I pulled her in a hug, reminded her to take her medicines, and departed for the cafe. 

I was just about to enter the cafe when I felt someone was watching me. I didn't see anyone but I was sure someone was there. I can't shrug these feelings when I know that someone is stalking me. I've to do something about this stalker. 

Sighing I walked inside the cafe. It was a simple and cosy diner. The aroma of chocolate brownies and cookies hit me and I swear it was so so good.

I went to the diner's owner and she explained to me my work what I had to do as a waitress. I don't mind being one, work is worship it's small or big, but a part of me felt my capabilities are suitable for a job in a company more than this small diner, thanks to Mr Khanna no company wants me as their employee.

Mrs. Nina, the owner sent me to a table. Nervously I went and started my conversation just the way she guided me. Two men were sitting at the table both clad in expensive formal suits, I wonder what are such posh people doing in such a small cafe?

"Good morning. What can I get for you?", I asked them politely. One of them was a cute guy who had chestnut brown eyes with brown hair which were styled messily but still looked great. Before you say I wasn't checking him out, I'm a very observant person it's just that. The other man was also very handsome, he had amber eyes, I guess his height was 6'2.

'Avni stop staring at them', my conscience chided at me.

I looked at the guy with chestnut brown eyes, he was smirking. Stars! does he know I was observing him?