Chapter

Sky stood at the door of the large house looking up at the blue skies. She hadn't been on this doorstep in years, not since the last time she had seen him.
'Please. I need you to save my baby boy'

The voice rang in her head

'Save my baby'

She stood at the doorstop for awhile and just thought this over. She wore a pair of skinny jeans and a loose tanktop. He long black hair brushed back and loose over her back. She looked to the door and knocked three times. Her hands in her pockets as she waited, nothing. She knocked again. Still no answer, she frowned and tried to knob and found it to be locked. She sighed and then looked at the road to make sure no one was watching. Not wanting to get caught doing what she was about to. She then made her way around to the back of the house, climbing the metal pool fence with a grunt.
"God I feel old today" She said to herself as she landed on the other side and then tried the back door. It was also locked, and flipped her bangs out of her eyes and heaved a sigh. Looking at the kitchen window and gently pressed on the sill.
"Finally something it unlocked" She muttered and pushed it open and then with another grunt she pulled her self onto the edge of the brick and climbed through the window. The smell of garbage and left overs hit her like a shock wave. She cringed slightly at the smell. She left the window open, figuring it would do some good to air the beautiful house out. She sat on the counter for a second and looked at the sink filled with dirty dishes, a bag or two of trash sat by the trash can. Pizza boxes and takeout containers littered the counters and floors. She slid off and looked around as she left the kitchen and into the luscious living room. She saw the stairs leading up and guitars lining the walls. A soft smile graced her lips as she check the whole down stairs still not finding the man she was looking for. She paused and stood at the stairs seeing a trail of papers, old receipts, cash and coins. She sighed softly and made her way upstairs and to the only door that was wide open. The room was dark from black sheets over the windows, she stepped inside, the smell much worse in here. She frowned and saw a figure stretched out on the large poster bed.

'Save my baby'

She sighed softly and continued in, until she stepped on something that broke under her shoe with a soft crunch and she picked her foot up. A needle laid shattered into the carpet. She sighed again and itched her arm subconsciously as she stood at the foot of the bed. Hearing the mans deep breathing, she just stood there for awhile and watched him. His hair had thinned a little since she last saw him, his skin darker, his tattoos fading.
'Hes slipping and you are the only one who can save him'

Cloths laid everywhere, none of which she knew were clean. He had locked himself in this house for the last year and a half. Slowly killing himself. She walked over and carefully kneeled by the bed, brushing his hair out of his face. His stubble unshaved and wild. She gently ran her thumb over his cheek.
"Saul wake up" She said as she tried to get him up, but he didn't even budge. He had overdosed, which didn't surprise her at all. She knew he probably wouldn't wake up for a few hours...or days depending on how much he took. She stood and made the decision to stay near in case he did wake up. She found the bathroom and turned on the light, seeing a laundry shoot and started to pick up the dirty cloths and send them down to the laundry room. Once she had gotten all she could find she worked on finding all the needles she could find, picking up the ones on the ground and throwing them away. Checking the nightstand, dresser and any where else in the room he could hide them. It had been almost an hour and he still hadn't moved, if it wasn't for the soft groans every now and then you would think he was dead. Doing her best, she cleaned the room, organizing the bathroom and putting stuff back where it belonged. Her heart ached. She hadn't seen him this out of it since '87 when they accidently took to much and it scared her half to death when he slept three days straight. Once that was all done she moved to just outside to the balcony that overlooked the living room. Picking up what littered the floor and the cloths thrown over the railings. This looked to be a long day by the time this house would be clean.

It was almost ten at night, the whole house was spot free, trash was taken out, all the windows open, candles lit to try and erase the putrid stench, and started the laundry. The house was silent except for the gentle whooshing of the cool breeze. Sky sat at the top of the stairs with a cold beer in her hand and a cigarette in the other. She had also searched the whole place top to bottom and rid it of any and all drugs. She knew it would be extremely difficult but she was willing to be there every step of the way. A loud groan got her attention as she got up and leaned on the door frame, watching the man try to sit up.
"Trash can on the side of the bed" Sky said as if she knew he was going to puke, which he did. Leaning over the edge of the bed and holding onto the nightstand. She walked in, setting her beer down and held the cigarette between her thin lips. Sky put his hair into a pony tail so it stayed out of the way. Once he was done he coughed and she sighed softly. He flopped back against the bed and groaned. In a drug induced daze, she wasn't sure how long he had exactly been out. But by the looks of his underweight body it had been awhile. She went into the bathroom and cleaned the trashcan out and then sat at the foot of the bed.
"Sky...baby is that you.." his tired voice asked as his dark brown eyes met her.
"Who else would be here to pull ya form the pits of hell?" She mused teasingly earning a lazy laugh. She knew he wasn't really in the real world yet and it would take a few days for it to truly wear out of his system.
"Mmm...I don't want to wake up" he murmured as he closed his eyes again and yawned.
"Why not?" She asked and tilted her head slightly, watching him.
"You won't be there when I wake" He said simply and it click. He thought he was dreaming.
"I'm here Slasher. I'm really here this time" She assured as she softly took his hand, through the last almost 30 years they had the best relationship. Back in the 70's and 80's they were as closet as anyone could ever be. No matter what happened. But when Perla came along that changed. She was forgotten but she never forget.
"I'm here to save half man half beast" She said as she smiled softly feeling him squeeze her hand slightly before he fell asleep. She stayed there for awhile before getting up and putting her cigarette out and sitting on a chair she had brought up. She sat by the bed and got as comfortable as she could in the small chair. Slowly falling asleep.