Chapter 18: By now you should know

Start from the beginning

"From day one you have done nothing but act excited and try to push it on me, when you have known me for the majority of my life, can't you tell I'm upset. Damn, if I had to guess you are trying to get rid of me" I paused and she looked at me and said nothing. "Oh great,great" I slapped the sides of my thighs and looked up tears filling my eyes like pools.

"You know I didn't think of you as my nurse, I thought of you as my friend, just about family even I thought you could have been like a sister I never had, you are the first person I trusted but I see that meant shit to you. Im just another fucked up kid who lives here." I said with the tears now flowing from eyes to my cheeks. "Y/n" she mumbled low. "No no no, don't y/n me, I trusted you, you where the first and only person for the longest time I trusted. I thought you know me by now" I said gesturing around.

"I helped you gain the trust to get to date that Hawk guy, that's why you guys are together" she said. It was the first time she spoke up and it was the line that set me off the edge. "You really that thick to think your the reason we got together. No what really got us together is I was to busy working my ass off at a diner that was the only place that would take me with my record so that I'm not homeless when turning 18 and graduating to do my community Service hours, so I had to tutor him and he pursued me and I caught feelings. And yeah karate may have gotten me that record but it's helping me now, and you and everyone else here wants to give me shit for it. My new sensei helps me control myself, because when I get angry all I see it my dad" I said as my voice broke towards the end and my face wet and steaming. "My monster of a father that's why I can't forget it, a picture perfect family will just become scared and send me back and put me on Dr.Phil thinking I'm crazy. I'm hurt, everyday I'm remind I only have this place my boyfriend and my few friends, minus one" I gestured to her crying and whipping my face.

"I can't forget my past, and if you think I could I would have already I've tried for years, that's shit happened I'm a orphan I've accepted it, you should to" I said catching my breath. "I want you to edit my records" I said looking at my shoes. "What would it be" she said quiet and awkwardly. "Backstabbed and lied to by a staff member" and she looked at me with a devastated expression.

"Now if I were you I'd go let the nice family know that they would be leaving with a child today but you'll let them know when one is available, as for me I'm going to see a real friend who cares what I want and need as a person and except me for me and not try to change who I am " I said finally turned and started walking down the hall. When I got to the end Mrs. Amber called out my name. "Y/n what about-" I stoped her with a monotone voice while shaking my head. "Just give my case, or paperwork to someone else, write down that I relapsed or I'm on some hard drugs by choice now, anyway to get me out of adoption." I said and she gave me a shocked blank stare and headed up the stairs to my room.

  I opend my door and slammed it behind me. "Woah she hulk " Demetri said holding his hands up in defense like but paused and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Y/n what's wrong" he stood up and walked up to me slowly. "I don't want a squeaky clean family, that's what" I said in a broken tone and my tears had come back."hey hey it's ok" Demetri said as he pulled me into his arms and hugged me.

   "I'm sorry" I sobbed on his shoulder. "Don't be, it's ok " he said and I lifted myself from and used my sleeve to dry my cheeks. "You know what you need, a party" Demetri said and I chuckled. "No no it's the last thing I want" I said walking over and sitting in my chair. "Well y/n what do you want" Demetri asked sticking his hands in his pockets I looked up at him. "I want-" I was cut off by my phone ringing and vibrating my desk.

   "Is it Eli?" Demetri asked. "It's my boss probably asking me to pick up someone shifts." I slid to answer and put it up to my ear. "Hey boss" I said trying to be cheerfull. "Hey y/n sorry for calling so late but I have some important information" he said and I smiled for real. "Oh ok is it that I don't have to keep praying for hours and the diner picked back up". "You won't have to worry about hours anymore" and I got excited. "Great when's my next day" I said. "Well that's what I'm calling about, you won't have to worry about hours because I just finished signing paperwork to give the diner back to the city. So I'm sad to announce that you have been let go, I will send you a going away check since you are such a hard worker."

  My face and my heart both dropped from the words that spoke through my phone. "Y/n, what happened what's wrong?"Demetri  said as he rushed to my side and crouched on the ground. "Y/n I am willing to be someone you out down as a reference for you next job and I wish you nothing but the best, you where a wonderful worker." He said and swallowed before saying thank you and goodbye and us hanging up. I lowered my phone and was knocked out of my trance by touching my shoulder.

   "Y/n?" Demetri asked softly and I turned my head to him. "I- I lost my job"

A/N: guys I'm so sorry it's taking me so long to update parts, but I promise I'm trying this book isn't ending any time soon but I started a part time job and I'm also in school,  so I've been really busy am exhausted but I'm trying my hardest bc I genuinely like writing, but thank you soooo much on the support, but don't worry your story is no where near over ❤️