Being Black is Being Beautiful

I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest because I’m seeing too many people’s confidence and self-esteem being shattered. AND YES I’m referring to the issue of Black Girls/Woman not being seen as beautiful, undermining them by putting other races before them.

Well to be franked, I’d just like to say I DON’T LIKE THIS!

Being dark skinned does not make you ugly. Being ugly makes you ugly. There is so many dark beautiful women out there but people want to take down a whole race. In every skin colour there is people who are not that are attractive it is not just dark skin people.

In my opionion being black is beautiful and it is all about how you present & your personality not your skin colour.

There is so many famous dark skinned BEAUTIFUL women out there E.G Gabriella Union, Meagan Good, Kelly Rowland and well the list goes on.

Did you know Cleopatra was a dark skinned woman? She was beautiful, men were falling at her feet they were actually surprised how beautiful a black woman could be, but in the movie she is portrayed as a white woman…

ANOTHER THING I DON’T LIKE!

There are white people, Asian people. But when it comes to Black people there is; dark skinned, light skinned, mixed race, red boned, yellow boned and I’m sure there is more names I have not heard of. Why can’t we just be one? How comes us as black people are undermining people in the same race as us because of our skin colour, hunny there ain’t nothing wrong with being dark skinned, as I said it’s how you present yourself.

Another thing is, why is it that dark skin guys are in it most to make black woman feel ugly? It is like are you forgetting that your mother is dark skinned? Your grandmother was probably dark skinned too. So in your eyes they’re ugly?

And my last point is why do light skinned/mixed race people think they have the right to undermine black people as well? Frankly, you’re spurted off a black person, in civilisation you are classed as BLACK too. But don’t get me wrong I love mixed race people most of my friends are mixed race and they’re genuinely down to earth people about it, but the ones want to act like they’re not half black, well you lot need to behave to be honest, you need to remember WHO you got the lovely thick curly hair from and WHERE the golden complexion actually comes from.

What I’m trying to say is being black does not make you ugly, being black makes you beautiful especially after everything our ancestors went through it makes you twice as beautiful. Beauty comes within not how you look. Being mixed does not make you a Goddess and being Dark does not make you a peasant. All I’m saying is as black woman you lot need to build up that confidence again and show that you’re strong; you can’t be letting these close minded people bring you down. As I said being black is about being beautiful, our skin colour tells a story it represents strength. It does not matter what shade of black you are, you’re beautiful.

AND if anybody tries to tell you different ignore them because they're probably a close minded motherfxcker who hasn't seen the world yet. LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN!